Ok, so I’ll admit; Vampire Immune Elixir sounds pretty weird right? Actually, I think it’s pretty damn cool, but then again, I”m totally bias to my creations 🙂
This immune elixir is awesome, but I’ll be the first to admit, it doesn’t taste like candy. In fact, when I took the first sip from it the other day, after it had been fermenting for over a month, I thought for sure it was going to taste a lot stronger than it did.
But truthfully, it wasn’t so bad. And a teaspoon a day is really all you need to help prevent the cold and flu, fend off vampires (ie. bacteria, fungus and parasites), strengthen your immune system, and support detoxification.
Yes, this powerful drink can do all of that!
Every morning it’s a ritual in our home that my boyfriend and I start our day with warm water and apple cider vinegar. And if you’re unaware of all the benefits of apple cider vinegar, then read this post here.
From digestion, to liver support and gorgeous glowing skin, apple cider vinegar has many incredible benefits. I decided our morning drink needed a boost and so, the Vampire Immune Elixir was born!
So why vampire? Well, this elixir is loaded with garlic, an antibacterial powerhouse that is amazing for immunity and overall health. And garlic helps to fend off vampires right? Well, I learned that from watching the Lost Boys when I was younger.
As a side note, I used to know this man who ate a raw garlic clove everyday for over 30 years. He was in his 70’s and let me just tell you, his skin was amazing!
So what other benefits does this elixir offer? Well since it’s loaded with ginger, garlic and spicy cayenne, it helps to heat and warm your body, detox your system and improve circulation. Stimulating blood flow is important as this helps to flush toxins and waste through your body.
I also added some anticancer turmeric to this mix, along with raw honey, sea salt, rosemary, lemon and of course, lots of apple cider vinegar.
You’ll need to let this ferment for roughly 30 days to help increase the potency and being that this is an old folk remedy, you can pretty much use whatever herbs and spices you’d like. The fermentation process turns this elixir into a cold and flu fighting nutrition powerhouse! Be sure to store it in a warm place (I put mine in the cupboard) and left it for for just over a month, roughly 40 days.
Make this Vampire Immune Elixir today so by the time Christmas rolls around and the busyness of the holidays, you’ll be prepared to keep your immune system strong and stay healthy!
- 1 large piece ginger root, roughly chopped
- 5-6 large garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 3-inch piece turmeric root (or add in 1/2 tbsp ground turmeric)
- 1/2 white onion, roughly chopped (optional)
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper or 1 whole jalapeño pepper
- 2 organic lemons, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 500ml raw apple cider vinegar (with ‘the mother’)
- 500ml spring water
- 1/2 tbsp raw honey
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Fill a 1L glass mason jar with all ingredients (herbs + spices). Fill half the mason jar with apple cider vinegar (roughly 500ml) and the remaining with spring water. Add in honey and sea salt. Be sure all the herbs and spices are completely covered with liquid. Cover the top with a piece of parchment paper, then put on the lid and close tightly.
- Store in a cupboard, out of the light, in a warm space. If you can remember to give it a shake every few days, that would be good! Otherwise, let it sit for 1 month to ferment. When ready, strain out the herbs + spices and pour the liquid into a clean mason jar.
- Every morning take 1 tsp of your Vampire Immune Elixir. Keep it stored in the fridge. It will last for 3-4 months.