I’m sure you’ve made chia pudding before. Its quick, simple, and delicious, plus it’s easy to get creative with ingredients.
Everyone needs a basic chia pudding recipe. Something they can whip up in no time, that’s no fuss and can be left in the fridge overnight. That’s the best part really; waking up to a ready-made healthy breakfast!
So I don’t want to hear those “I don’t have time” excuses anymore. With this recipe under your belt, you’ll be nourished, fed, healthy, happy and out the door in no time.
Although I like leaving this recipe in the fridge overnight, you can however give it a few stirs and let it sit for about 10 minutes to thicken up and become pudding-like.
This recipe is not only gluten and dairy free (paleo and vegan friendly too!), the best part is that it contains a healthy dose of plant based omega 3’s that help fight inflammation, plus it contains a ton of dietary fiber to help keep those bowels healthy! Nothing like cleaning the pikes first thing in the a.m. 😉
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 4 cups almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
- In a large mason jar, add all your ingredients.
- Secure jar with lid and give it a good shake. Alternatively, you can add everything to a blender and blend together for a few seconds, then pour into your mason jar.
- Leave in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, shake again really well, then pour out desired serving into a bowl.
- Top with your favourite superfood ingredients!
- I topped mine with fresh picked organic raspberries, chopped walnuts and shredded coconut.
- This also makes a great healthy dessert! Add a tablespoon of raw cacao powder to the mix for a chocolatey boost!