If you’ve got Holiday Parties of ANY kind coming up, I’d like to introduce you to my famous Chocolate Torte. You’d never know that the filling contains vitamin rich pumpkin. So for all you non-pumpkin lovers, trust me, you won’t taste the pumpkin!
The best part about this torte is the leftover filling. I had quite a lot leftover, which I used for dipping strawberries into, drizzling over coconut bliss ice cream or serving with a side of fresh fruit. Bottom line, you get to be creative with the leftover filling which can lead to more recipes creations and inspirations!
And speaking of meal plan + recipe creations, have you checked out my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club Yet?!
Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you? Meet my monthly Recipe + Meal Plan Club.
Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (click here
to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!)
This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & ZERO deprivation…I promise!
So let’s get back to drooling over this torte…
If you’re looking to bring a dessert to a holiday party with you, then trust me, this is it! I love it when my family takes a bite of my healthy creations not knowing what the heck is in it, or that it’s gluten free. I’ve learned over the years not to say ANYTHING about what’s in my recipes until someone asks!
Especially when it comes to my non-healthy-conscious family members! They always give me weird looks when I talk about certain ingredients and often times don’t want to try something because it’s gluten free, when they have no idea what gluten free even means!
So, I’ve learned not to say anything anymore and it works out so much better. So in case you happen to be in the same situation, keep your mouth shut and just smile nicely 🙂
So before we get to this magical creation, I must point out one very important thing! This torte is SUGAR-FREE! Yes, sugar-free! I used Lakanto, a sweetener from monk fruit that has zero calories, is gluten free, vegan, contains no artificial ingredients and best part is, it has ZERO aftertaste (unlike stevia!).
It also has ZERO impact on blood sugar and insulin which is HUGE considering I work with diabetics and women struggling with PCOS (insulin sensitivity is associated with both these conditions).
If you CAN’T get your hands on lakanto, which you can find now at pretty much any health food store, you can use coconut sugar or cane sugar instead.
Enjoy the deliciousness!
Sugar Free, Gluten Free Chocolate Pumpkin Torte
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (I use Bobs Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto (or coconut sugar)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, not completely melted, but soft and at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup lakanto (or coconut sugar)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds, toasted coconut, dried or glazed pecans for topping (all optional0
- FOR THE CRUST: preheat oven to 350 F. Place an 8 to 10 inch removable bottom tart tin on large baking sheet.
- In a food processor, blend together oats, almonds, pecans, lakanto cinnamon, and salt until a coarse meal forms.
- Pulse in coconut oil until fully combined and a loose dough is formed.
- Firmly press dough into tart tin. Be sure to press crust up the sides. This will help keep the filling from flowing over.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate until filling is ready.
- FOR THE FILLING: in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together coconut milk, pumpkin puree, chocolate chips, tapioca, lakanto, cinnamon, vanilla and sea salt.
- Whisk constantly until chocolate is melted (about 5-6 minutes). Continue to whisk for 8 to 10 minutes, until mixture begins to thicken and large bubbles start to pop on top.
- Once thick and bubbling, continue to whisk for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Strain through a fine sieve into large bowl. You want the filling to be smooth and creamy without big lumps.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and leave filling to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, whisk filling until nice and smooth and pour into cooled crust. Smooth out top and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to set. You can make this the night before and leave overnight in the fridge if you prefer.
- Garnish with pomegranate, cherries, nuts, seeds or flaked coconut.
- Torte/filling comes to room temperature fairly quickly. Be sure to serve chilled for best texture.
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/