Lentil soup… a perfectly hearty, healthy and flavourful meal you can whip up for your family in no time.
I’m gonna say that this is probably THE BEST lentil soup I’ve ever made! It’s perfect for a chilly winter day and if you’ve got yourself a thermos, this is great heated up and enjoyed for lunch the following day at work. Nothing beats leftovers that you can reheat quickly and is healthy at the same time.
Lentils are full of soluble and insoluble fiber, both which help keep you regular, assist in balancing blood sugar and lowering cholesterol.
Lentils are also full of B vitamins and protein, which are both energizing and fuelling for the body.
These little green gems will help fill you up, not fill you out!
Enjoy making this recipe and share with me how much you love it! 🙂
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (CLICK HERE to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
Spinach and Lentil Soup
Write a review
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium celery stalk, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes with their juices
- 1 1/4 cups green lentils (any colour will do except red), rinsed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar or sherry vinegar
- 1 large bunch spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery, carrot, and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Season with several generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Add the broth, tomatoes with their juices, lentils, bay leaf, thyme and oregano, stir to combine. Cover and bring to a simmer, about 15 minutes.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and continue simmering, covered, until the lentils and vegetables are soft, about 15 minutes more.
- Taste and season with more salt or pepper as needed, then stir in the vinegar.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted. If you prefer a creamier texture, purée half of the soup in a blender or with a hand blender. ENJOY!!
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/
Health & Abundance,