October is officially pumpkin month and I love it!
There’s a good chance your Facebook feed and email inboxes will be flooded with all kinds pumpkin recipes. I welcome them all! Pumpkin is pretty much one of my favourite things to eat. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (they are soon good!), pumpkin waffles, pumpkin smoothies and of course, pumpkin lattes!
I remember years ago I was being interviewed for a local magazine and the lady asked me what my secret indulgence was. I told her the starbucks pumpkin latte.
Truth is, I haven’t had one in years! I’ve mastered making my own and would much rather avoid all the artificial ingredients and sweeteners that starbucks uses.
Not to mention, they don’t even use real pumpkin! WTF!
This time of year (and pretty much all the time) I’ve always got cans of organic pumpkin puree stocked in my cupboards. It’s incredibly hearty, full of beta-carotene, fiber, vitamin C and potassium. Pumpkin is a heart healthy, cancer preventing, eye sight boosting nutritional powerhouse!
In this recipe, after heating all the ingredients, I like to transfer it to a blender so it can become foamy and frothy. Also, if you happen to be a fan of bulletproof coffee and enjoy adding Lee’s ghee or butter to your coffee (like I do!), you can feel free to add in 1 tablespoon to your blender before blending. This is add lots of extra and delicious foam! You can shop the best ghee on the market over at my favourite supplier Lee’s Provisions HERE. I used their Great Maple Infused Ghee for this recipe for the perfect hint of sweetness and maple flavour.
You can grab 15% off all of Lee’s Ghee + Teas over at www.leesprovisions.com/healthyhormones with the code HEALTHY HORMONES
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (click below to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
OKAY, now let’s get onto my delicious Pumpkin Spiced Latte, which actually contains real pumpkin, real ingredients and nothing artificial.
- 2 cups organic coffee or espresso, already brewed
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Grade B maple syrup (use more or less depending on your preference of sweetness)
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground vanilla bean
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally, until heated through and frothy.
- Carefully transfer the liquid to a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds until foamy and frothy. Make sure your blender has an opening at the top to allow the hot liquid to escape, otherwise it can explode! I use a vitamix blender. Alternatively, use an immersion blender in the pot.
- Divide between 4 mugs, sprinkle with cinnamon and serve.