You know I love pumpkin… that’s a fact!
Although, I’m not typically a fan of pumpkin pie. Some I’ve loved. Others not so much. But… enter the slow cooker pumpkin pie. It’s amazing! Same texture as a pumpkin pie, less custard like, more pudding like. Soft, warming, and without the crust.
Bottom line. It’s delicious and super easy to make. Plus, you get to wake up to a ready made breakfast! That’s probably the best part. I work up this morning with my house smelling like cake with aromas of cinnamon. It’s was a great smell to wake up too and it was a deliciously healthy breakfast to enjoy on a crazy snow day.
This recipe is perfect for breakfast, but alternatively, it can make a great (and healthy) dessert or treat topped with some coconut bliss ice cream.
Either way you enjoy it, it will become a new favourite. If you’re a pumpkin fan of course!
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cups canned pumpkin (organic)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Grease the inside of your slow cooker with coconut oil.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blend until well combined and smooth.
- Pour into your slow cooker and set it to low.
- Cook for 6-8 hours, or until top has set.
- I topped my pumpkin pie with pecans, hemp seeds and cinnamon. It was perfect! You can also add in a splash of almond or coconut milk to make the consistency more like a porridge.