Broccoli is one vegetable that I don’t enjoy eating. It’s true.
Serve it in a soup however, and I’ll eat it.
With all the fiber and incredible health benefits, like supporting the liver and detoxing excess estrogen out of your system, how could you not want to eat it! This veggie is truly beneficial for health. So if your not a broccoli lover like me, please find a way to enjoy it. Maybe this soup will be the trick?
You can whip this soup up in 15 minutes. It really is a fuss-free soup to make. Its loaded with hormone balancing fats, immune supportive vitamin C, plus iron, magnesium, calcium and fiber.
Avocado lends the perfect creaminess to this soup without having to add any cream. So for all the lactose intolerant and non-dairy drinkers out there, you can enjoy a creamy broccoli soup minus the dairy!
So eat up and stay warm. It’s chilly out there 😉
- Broccoli Avocado Detox Soup2015-01-26 15:32:20Write a reviewPrep Time5 minCook Time10 minTotal Time15 minPrep Time5 minCook Time10 minTotal Time15 minIngredients
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or grass-fed butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4-6 cups chicken or vegetable broth (enough to cover the broccoli)
- 1 head broccoli, trimmed and chopped (about 6 cups)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, covered, until bright green and tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat, and stir in spinach.
- Transfer soup to a blender and puree with avocado.
- Adjust seasonings and garnish with fresh pepper.