I get it, you’re busy right?
From the various commitments and juggling in your daily life, sometimes relaxing before bed seems like an impossible option. I know for me, when I have multiple things on the go, I sometimes have those nights where I just can’t fall asleep because I am listing my to-do list for the next day. Sometimes we need a little bit of help to relax and I have just the remedies for you.
To avoid tossing and turning before falling asleep and training your body to relax before bedtime, you can use any of these 5 natural remedies to help you to sleep faster and to prompt your body and mind to relax while reducing your stress levels.
These are by far some of my favourites. Individuals may have unique reactions to these natural remedies listed, so my suggestion is to try out a couple and see which ones work for you.
- Chamomile – works wonders as a relaxant and as an added bonus it also helps with digestion too. I love it in tea form because its warming right before bed and it tastes absolutely delicious.
- Passionflower – reduces anxiety, nervousness, stress, calms the mind and improves sleep quality. All of that from one herb? Yep! You can buy this in tea form or as an extract. This is the perfect remedy for when you have had a busy stimulating day and can’t seem to shut your mind off! Pascoflair is by far one of the best herbal supplements on the market and contains 425mg of passionflower. From sleep, to restlessness, insomnia, mental stress and anxiety, Pascoflair is a natural remedy you can feel safe using and has been well studied. Click here to read more about it and order your bottle today.
- Valerian – Known for its sedative qualities, valerian root is used as a sleep aid and helps the nervous system from being overwhelmed. This can be found in tea or extract form.
- Skullcap – Skullcap leaf is actually a member of the mint family. It’s an amazing treatment for headaches and it’s also great for calming nerves. It is used commonly to help treat insomnia. I love the brand Yogi Tea, they use skullcap in many of their ‘Rest & Relax’ teas.
- Ashwagandha – is what we call an “adaptogenic” herb, which means it works by supporting the adrenal glands by helping them better adapt to stress and increased stress hormones. This magical herb helps with sleep by relaxing the nervous system. You can find this in powder or tablet forms.
Aside from supplementation, it’s important to create a daily ritual before bed to help you wind down and clear your mind. We all know adequate rest is essential for health and wellbeing, so be sure to prepare your mind and body for the rest it needs. Try writing your to-do list down on paper, journaling, doing some breath work, some meditation or quick restorative stretches as a way to prepare your body for a good nights rest.
Stephanie (Holistic Wellness Contributor)