Ok, so banana muffins and banana bread could be one of my baking favorites! I went to buy a banana muffin at wholefoods the other day (and not to knock wholefoods cause I seriously love that store!) and I had a look at the ingredients in their freshly baked banana muffins. A whole lot of sugar added, and not the best quality oils used in the process.
So… that brings me to my seriously yummy homemade banana and peach muffins. Banana muffins with a twist! My boyfriend even liked them, so they must be a winner! These muffins are wheat and dairy free for all of you out there like me that have (or are trying) to eliminate these from their diet.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!
- 1 cup wheat free oats (blended)
- 1 cup almond meal/flour
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 peaches
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar (optional)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place oats in food processor and blend until a powder-like consistency is formed
- Combine all dry ingredients including oats, almond meal, flax seeds, coconut palm sugar, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
- Peal peaches and cut into small cube-like sizes
- Peal banana, slice thinly and then cut into halves
- Toss peaches and banana into the dry ingredient mixture
- Heat coconut oil on stovetop until melted and add both wet ingredients (almond milk and coconut oil) to mixture
- Mix well until all banana and peach slices are covered
- Line muffin cups in the muffin tin
- Pour mixture into muffin cups and place into oven
- Bake for 45 minutes
- You can make multiple batches of these and then freeze them. They are a fantastic healthy snack you can pull out of the freezer when you are busy on the go!