I’m sure I’m not the only one enjoying sweet summer strawberries. I love this time of year because there is just much fresh produce to enjoy. And so much of it is local too!
I can’t resist adding berries to my salads this time of year. It adds a delicious sweet flavour, plus it takes the nutrient content to a whole other level!
Strawberries are loaded with vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and vitamin K, all of which help to strengthen your bones. Plus, strawberries help to keep your hair and nails strong due to being rich in biotin.
One of my favourites ways to enjoy strawberries, aside from eating them, is to use them as a face scrub! Yep! That’s right, a nutrient rich face scrub. Before you go ahead and throw out your super mushy strawberries, mash them up instead and use them as a scrub. The tiny seeds are powerful little scrubbers that help to rid the skin of impurities, and the deep red colour will actually give your skin a gorgeous youthful glow! Oh… and your skin will smell delightful!
So get scrubbing, and while your at it, make this amazing nutrient rich salad to serve for dinner tonight!
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 large handfuls of your favourite mixed organic greens
- 2 cups cucumbers, chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Crumbled goats cheese, optional
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Place all salad ingredients into a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Drizzle dressing onto salad and toss well to combine.