Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) has been a part of my daily routine for a few months now and I know Sam loves recommending this gem to many of her clients as well. I originally started consuming apple cider vinegar to help with my candida and then soon learnt the several other health benefits.
Here are 7 reasons YOU need to start incorporating Apple Cider Vinegar into your daily routine:
- Eliminates Candida – For anyone who has experienced or is experiencing candida- like symptoms, you know it’s not pleasant. Symptoms of poor memory, brain fog, fatigue, irritability and intense sugar cravings are not fun. You need to be consuming foods that are going to help eliminate these symptoms so you can feel your optimal best. The naturally occurring enzymes in apple cider vinegar actually help flush the overgrowth of yeasts from your body making it an ideal candida eliminating ‘supplement.’
- Reduces Congestion and Stuffy Nose – Apple cider vinegar thins mucus and helps break up any congestion. So next time you have a stuffy nose, try taking apple cider vinegar repeatedly throughout the day to help loosen the mucus. 1-2 teaspoons in warm water throughout the day should do the trick.
- Improves Digestion – Consume a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and water before a meal to help aid in digestion and breakdown food. It stimulates the digestive juices and get’s everything flowing the way it should.
- Improves Low Stomach Acid – In today’s world this is a bigger problem than we think. So many people have low stomach acid that studies suggest up to 90% of people suffer from this in North America, which means they are having serious issues with constipation and indigestion. As we age, our stomach acid naturally decreases causing issues with digestion. Top that with the high consumption of dairy products, low quality meat, processed foods, nicotine exposure, antibiotic usage, drinking chlorinated water and stress and you’ve got yourself an impaired digestive nightmare! Apple Cider Vinegar helps correct low stomach acid problems, so drink up.
- Boosts the Immune System – Apple cider vinegar has a component called malic acid, which is anti viral. Consuming it regularly is going to boost the immune system, therefore reducing your chances of catching a cold. Improving the friendly bacteria in your gut through continuous usage of ACV also increases the body’s immune function.
- Beautiful Skin – Apple cider vinegar helps balance the skins pH. We tend to be more on the acidic side due to environmental pollutions, consumption of low quality dairy and meat, chemical exposure etc., so it is important to incorporate alkalinizing foods into your diet, ACV being one of them!
- The Liver Loves it – Think detox! The liver simply loves apple cider vinegar and the liver has huge responsibilities in the body. Its job is to practically filter out all of the toxins and waste products from the blood. That’s a big job when we come in contact with the high amount of toxins in any given day. We can give our liver a bit of loving help by consuming apple cider vinegar, which will help cleanse the liver and enhance the detoxification process.
Apple Cider Vinegar should be diluted in a ’10 to 1 ratio’ (10 part water and 1 part vinegar). It is important to use raw, organic, unpasteurized apple cider vinegar with the “mother” to receive the full benefits that this vinegar has to offer. We love and trust the Omega Nutrition Brand, Bragg’s and Eden Organic which you can find at any health food store.