Oh yes! Coffee and vanilla together!
Not to drink (although, technically this recipe is fully edible), but to slather on your skin and reap the benefits of tightening and toning.
Crazy right? To think we can rub some coffee on our skin and all of sudden have our cellulite and dimply skin disappear? Ok, well, not exactly, but it does help.
Coffee, in particular caffeine, dehydrates the skin, making it look tighter and toned. It’s basically the enemy to cellulite, making it the perfect addition to a body scrub. Plus, you’ll smell like a decadent latte.
Last week on the blog, I wrote about estrogen dominance and how many beauty care products contain estrogen mimicking compounds. These compounds enter our body through our skin and wreak havoc on our hormones, increasing estrogen in our system and creating an imbalance.
From period issues, to acne, to heavy bleeding and weight gain, especially around the stomach, hips and under the arms, estrogen dominance is no joke. However, we can eliminate our exposure to estrogen (also know as xenoestrogens) by ditching our generic make up brands and body care products (which unfortunately, contain some pretty nasty ingredients!).
This is why making your own beauty care is so essential. Not to mention, cost effective and healthier for your body and hormones.
With a few simple ingredients and leftover coffee grounds from your coffeemaker, you can whip up this decadent body scrub that will help to banish your cellulite and moisturize skin at the same time.
- 1/4 cup coffee grounds (use from your coffee maker!)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4-6 drops vanilla essential oil
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer mixture to a container or mason jar.
- To Use - scrub onto skin before showering, focusing on cellulite prone areas. Rinse off and repeat 4-5 times a week for best results.
- *Feel free to use your favourite essential oil or leave it out altogether.
- *You can also swap the olive oil for coconut oil