Nothing beats a treat that can be whipped up in 10 minutes!
I love carrot cake and my mom makes an incredible one! It’s a family favourite. She’s made it so frequently over the years she can make it with her eyes closed!
But…we all know what happens if we eat too much cake… sugar crashes and belly aches.
So how about a carrot cake treat that contains NO added sugar and a healthy dose of hormone balancing fats? Plus, you don’t even need to cook it.
These energy bites are great pre or post workout as they contain a healthy dose of nutrients to give your body the perfect fuel and necessary recovery.
Here’s why these treats stack up in healthy promoting goodness:
- Coconut oil – a medium chain triglyceride that is used as an energy source in the body and helps to burn fat!
- Chia seeds – heart healthy fats, plant based protein and bowel regulating fibre… what more could you ask for from such a tiny seed? Chia seeds are amazing for relieving constipation and supporting the health of the gastrointestinal system.
- Almond butter – a creamy and delicious addition to these bites, almond butter is loaded with protein, belly slimming fats and contains a healthy dose of vitamin E
- Carrots – the super star ingredient! Carrots improve vision due to being rich in beta-carotene, plus they promote healthy glowing skin.
- Oats – I use wheat free oats of course. Loaded with fibre which helps to balance out blood sugar levels.
Now let’s get cooking! Well…un-cooking since these bites are raw 🙂
- 3/4 cup carrots, grated (approx. 2 carrots)
- 1/2 cup wheat free rolled oats
- 2 dates, soaked for 10 minutes to soften
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 heaping tbsp raw almond butter
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 drops vanilla stevia, optional
- 1/4 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- Add all ingredients into a food processor, except for walnuts. Pulse on low until well combined and ingredients stick together. Remove from food processor and place ‘batter’ into a bowl. Add in walnuts and use your hands to combine. It will be sticky! Roll into 1-2 inch sized balls and store in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes to help set.
- Eat and Enjoy 🙂
To Your Good Health & Abundance,