Ready for the fluffiest brownies ever? These sugar free almond butter chocolate brownies are to die for.
And guess what? They contain ZERO dairy, gluten AND sugar! Yup, that’s right. No sugar here. Only healthy fats and protein – which is my kind of treat.
I absolutely love spending time on the weekends testing out recipes. Truth is, I have so many new ones to share with you but I just haven’t had the time to post them on the blog!
But ready for the best part about these brownies? They contain fat burning MCT Oil. I added the MCT on a whim – as I was too impatient to melt coconut oil, so instead, I opted for MCT oil.
If you’re unfamiliar with MCT oil – which stands for medium chain triglycerides; this healthy oil comes from coconuts and your body actually uses it as a preferred energy source instead of storing it. So just to be clear – FAT does not make you fat. Sugar does.
Now with that said, if you’re eating fried foods and lots of inflammatory vegetable oils – then those types of fats will cause you to gain weight, while healthy fats from coconut, grass fed butter, pasture raised meats, ghee, avocado, olive oil and fish, actually fuel your body, your brain and your hormones – leading to less sugar cravings and more weight loss! Amazing right?
I’d love to see your fat burning brownie creations on social media, so be sure to tag me #holisticwellness and
#fatburning brownies so I can check out your posts and connect with you!
Now onto these delicious gems. Enjoy and happy baking.
Sugar Free Almond Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp MCT oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup lakanto sweetener (monk fruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, eggs, milk, mct oil, lakanto, and vanilla; use a whisk to mix together.
- Add cacao, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and mix together well with whisk. Pour into prepared brownie pan.
- Over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp almond butter and drizzle overtop of chocolate brownie batter.
- Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/
I had an overwhelming amount of organic bananas stocked up in my house over the weekend. So naturally, I baked!
I couldn’t decide whether to make banana bread or cookies or muffins, as the possibilities are pretty endless when it comes to baking with bananas. I finally settled on some allergen free delicious muffins. Yup…allergen free. These muffins contain no gluten, dairy or eggs.
I decided to swap out eggs in this recipe for chia seeds, which acts as an amazing binder. Have you ever made chia gel/pudding before? Then you know what I mean by binding! Chia seeds, when soaked in water, emulsify and become rather gelly. Adding this into your baking is a great substitute for eggs, especially for vegans looking to get their bake on!
Chia seeds contain a ton of plant based omega 3’s, plus they are rich in fiber which is amazing for keeping you regular and supporting your gastrointestinal health. Alternatively, you could use ground flax for the same benefit.
Additional alternative for this recipe:
* I used Bob’s Red Mill gluten free all purpose flour, but you could use brown rice flour instead
* You can add in 1/3 cup coconut sugar for extra sweetness. I decided to leave the sugar out as the bananas are rather sweet.
Banana Chia Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch/flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (I use GiddyYoyo Mountain Salt)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground vanilla bean (I use GiddyYoyo)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (optional)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life. They are dairy free)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a muffin pan with coconut oil or line with muffin cups.
- In a medium bowl, mix together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together chia seeds with warm water. Mix really well and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Once chia mixture has gelled, add mashed banana and coconut oil and mix together really well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine. Mix well.
- Fold in walnuts and chocolate chips and mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before serving.
- I love these muffins warmed up with some almond or hemp butter. Makes a perfect afternoon treat!
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/