That’s what I’ve got to say about this recipe! These gluten free, grain free gems are absolutely delish, and loaded with healthy fat, protein, and fibre. I keep all my dessert recipes very low to no sugar, so if you’re looking for healthy holiday dessert recipes, you’re in the right place.
You can join my FREE 5-Day Sugar Detox challenge for lots of sugar free and healthy recipes HERE.
Now, tahini is the star of the show in this recipe. Not sure what Tahini is?
It’s ground sesame seeds made into a paste. Just like almonds ground into almond butter. Tahini is loaded with plant based calcium, which means it offers up some bone protective benefits. If you don’t have tahini on hand, you can swap it out for almond butter or sun butter. Both would work well!
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthified treat to serve up this holiday season, whip up a batch of these blondies!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 scoop vanilla collagen creamer from Vital Proteins (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup monkfruit (I use Lakanto)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or 2 tsps if not using vanilla collagen)
- 1/3-1/2 cup Lilys Sweets dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line an 8x8 brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine flours + collagen + baking soda + salt and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together tahini + egg + monkfruit + maple syrup + oil + vanilla.
- Add to the dry mix and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then spread into brownie pan.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes, until the edges get slightly golden brown.
- Let cool for 20 minutes before slicing.