I am a lover of pancakes!
It’s become tradition in our house that we make pancakes every weekend and I’m always looking for a new recipe to try. Funny thing is, this recipe is always the one I end up making because my man always requests for it!
I like to experiment and try new recipes, but truthfully, nothing really compares to this recipe. It’s perfectly sweet, gluten free and has the perfect amount of fluffiness! In fact, it’s actually quite filling due to the fiber content of the oats.
The best thing is I’ve swapped out a few of the ingredients and every time it’s worked out beautifully. You can see my swap suggestions below.
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (CLICK HERE to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
Back to these pancakes!
I truly think this recipe will become one of your pancake staples. It’s just so good! We love serving it alongside breakfast sausages or bacon, or even some scrambled eggs.
- 1 1/3 cup Oat flour, grind wheat free oats in blender to make flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1 /4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla bean
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Whisk milk, egg, oil, and vanilla in a medium bowl. Add banana and mash with ingredients.
- Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and combine. Add blueberries and mix again.
- Lightly grease a non stick pan with coconut oil over medium heat. When pan is hot, use 1/4 cup to pour batter into pan.
- Cook until bubbles form, then flip and cook on other side until lightly browned.
- In place of banana, 3-4 tbsp of apple sauce works well.
- Replace almond milk with full fat coconut milk. Made pancakes extra fluffy when I used it!
- For oats - I use Bob's Red Mill wheat free rolled oats to make my own flour