Ready for the fluffiest brownies ever? These sugar free almond butter chocolate brownies are to die for.
And guess what? They contain ZERO dairy, gluten AND sugar! Yup, that’s right. No sugar here. Only healthy fats and protein – which is my kind of treat.
I absolutely love spending time on the weekends testing out recipes. Truth is, I have so many new ones to share with you but I just haven’t had the time to post them on the blog!
But ready for the best part about these brownies? They contain fat burning MCT Oil. I added the MCT on a whim – as I was too impatient to melt coconut oil, so instead, I opted for MCT oil.
If you’re unfamiliar with MCT oil – which stands for medium chain triglycerides; this healthy oil comes from coconuts and your body actually uses it as a preferred energy source instead of storing it. So just to be clear – FAT does not make you fat. Sugar does.
Now with that said, if you’re eating fried foods and lots of inflammatory vegetable oils – then those types of fats will cause you to gain weight, while healthy fats from coconut, grass fed butter, pasture raised meats, ghee, avocado, olive oil and fish, actually fuel your body, your brain and your hormones – leading to less sugar cravings and more weight loss! Amazing right?
I’d love to see your fat burning brownie creations on social media, so be sure to tag me #holisticwellness and
#fatburning brownies so I can check out your posts and connect with you!
Now onto these delicious gems. Enjoy and happy baking.
- 1 cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp MCT oil (or melted coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup lakanto sweetener (monk fruit)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbsp creamy almond butter for drizzle
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine almond butter, eggs, milk, mct oil, lakanto, and vanilla; use a whisk to mix together.
- Add cacao, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and mix together well with whisk. Pour into prepared brownie pan.
- Over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp almond butter and drizzle overtop of chocolate brownie batter.
- Place pan in oven and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until brownies are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!