I am obsessed with all things pumpkin!
Not only is it so good for you, but it tastes amazing. So when I saw the first pumpkin display at Whole Foods last week, I knew my recipe game was on!
I wanted to create something easy to make and ridiculously good! The recipe for my Pumpkin Almond Butter Bars took about 10 minutes to prepare and about half that time to disappear. They were that delicious.
Pumpkin is so much more than just jack-o-lanterns and pie at Thanksgiving. It’s probably one of those things you eat and don’t even realize all of the good you are doing to your body.
With every bite you take, you are giving your body so much goodness including:
Zinc: you need this for a healthy immune system and this delicious member of the squash family packs a powerful zinc punch.
Vitamin A: pumpkin has a ton of Vitamin A! In, fact one cup has over 200% of your recommended daily intake. Vitamin A supports healthy eyes, amazing skin and a healthy heart.
Vitamin C: this antioxidant is important for a healthy immune system and healthy bones. Plus, vitamin C is needed in order to produce collagen, a protein that supports beautiful skin.
I hope you love these as much as we did. You should probably make 2 batches, trust me, they won’t last long!
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (click here to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
And if you’re looking for more amazing pumpkin recipes, check out this delicious Paleo Spiced Pumpkin Loaf.
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- ½ cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 large, organic eggs
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp baking soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ cup finely chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch dish with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup and eggs.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, baking soda and sea salt. Whisk to combine and pour into the greased baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients until moist and crumbly. Sprinkle the crumble over the top of the batter.
- Bake in oven for 25 minutes until golden brown and firm. Cool for 15-20 minutes before slicing.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!
- *For the crumble, feel free to use your favorite nuts. A good combo would be pecans and walnuts.