Have you ever read the ingredients on store bought chicken fingers? It’s not pretty! From sugar, to high salt and a ton of preservatives, (not to mention some very unhealthy omega 6 oils which are PRO inflammatory), I decided to whip up a batch of my own!
These chicken fingers are deeeelicious! I made a very large batch as my boyfriend and I wanted leftovers for lunch the following day.
Feel free to adjust the ingredient servings to your specific needs. Mary’s Crackers Breadcrumb mix was perfect for this recipe! They are gluten free, GMO free, dairy free and organic! They gave the fingers a perfect crispiness 🙂
|Crispy Gluten Free Chicken Fingers
(recipe adapted from JulieDaniluk.com)
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place the breadcrumbs in a medium sized bowl along with all seasonings. Mix well.
3. In another bowl, add the pumpkin puree.
4. Cut chicken into 3-inch strips and place the chicken pieces into the pumpkin purée and coat well. Transfer one piece at a time into the crumb bowl and coat chicken strips evenly
5. Place on the baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, then turn chicken over and bake for another 10 minutes, or until no longer pink. *Gently turn chicken as breadcrumb mixture is delicate and can fall off of strips.
* I used 3 large chicken breasts, which made a ton of chicken fingers. Based on how much chicken you use, you may need more or less of the breadcrumb mixture.
Finger lickin’ good!
Happy Cooking 🙂
P.S Have you downloaded my FREE 10 Day Detox Guide yet?? If not, head on over here to download it now – FREE DETOX GUIDE