I feel like it’s been a while since I posted up a delicious recipe. Truth is, it HAS been a while and I’ve been one busy girl. I was super busy preparing and prepping for my newest online program, Healthy Hormones for Women and in all honesty, I got busy taking care of me.
As you know, I’m on a mission to heal my hashimoto’s and a part of that healing journey is slowing down and not filling my plate up with so much stuff – which is much easier said than done. I’m sure you know what that’s like!
In fact, I have so many new and delicious recipes to share with you that I haven’t even had a moment to post them. But this amazing grain free, gluten free Banana cake couldn’t wait another minute!
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you for a few reasons:
- This cake is insanely delicious and light
- It’s grain free and gluten free – yay!
- It’s incredibly easy to make
- The coconut chocolate frosting is the best thing in life – like ever!
You know I am a baking enthusiast right?! Especially since being more conscious about grains, baking has taken on a whole new level of creativity. And truthfully, with the amazing selection of gluten free and grain free flours nowadays, it isn’t that difficult to bake something healthy, delicious, AIP friendly and low inflammatory.
With the holidays just around the corner (I mean honestly, can you believe christmas is almost here?!), I’m excited to get back into the kitchen and bake up something sweet to enjoy with my family over the holidays. This cake is definitely a winner and I’ll be sure to bring it to our family Christmas party.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do and if you’re looking for a delicious and healthy treat for your holiday parties, trust me, this cake is for the WIN! And the best part, no one will know it’s grain free and gluten free (unless you tell them of course!). Plus, topped with the Coconut Chocolate Frosting – you are sure to win over everyone’s heart.
As a bonus, the frosting works great as a dip for fresh berries and fruits. #score
Banana Cake with Coconut Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 ripe bananas
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup lakanto or coconut sugar
- 10 large organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 ounces dark chocolate (I use enjoy life chocolate chips)
- 1/4 cup lakanto or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot powder
- 1/3 cup coconut cream (place can of coconut milk in the fridge for a few hours then scoop out cream from the top)
- CAKE: Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9 x 12 baking dish (I used a round baking pan) with coconut oil.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
- In a food processor, add all wet ingredients and combine until thoroughly combined. Once blended, add in dry ingredients and blend again. Alternatively, you can whisk the wet into the dry ingredients, but blended all together in the food processor creates a silky smooth batter.
- Pour batter into baking dish and bake for 37-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- FROSTING: In a saucepan ove medium heat, combine coconut oil, chocolate and sugar. Whisk until smooth and melted. Add in arrowroot powder and coconut cream. Which until creamy.
- Pour frosting into blender and blend on high for 60 seconds to create an ultra smooth and creamy texture (optional).
- Pour warm frosting over cake or set in the fridge for an hour to thicken up, then spread onto cake/cupcakes/or use as a chocolate dip with fruit.
Holistic Wellness https://holisticwellness.ca/