Chocolate lovers rejoice!
You’re gonna love these delicious chocolatey gooey gems. A few months ago when I was putting together my Healthy Holiday Baking eBook, I came up with this recipe and was pretty much in heaven.
And guess what? You know you’ve hit gold when your mom tells you she loves them and wants the recipe. Jackpot! She just basically confirmed these brownies were a winner.
You see, my mom has been suffering with lupus (an autoimmune disease) and inflammation for a long time now. 3 years ago she got hit bad and basically couldn’t walk or move without my dad helping her get around. She was in so much pain. Literally, from head to toe she was inflamed and hurting.
So, of course, I came in and helped revamp her diet. She made an incredible commitment to eating more organic, ditching the dairy and going gluten free.
Well can you guess what happened? 80% reduction in her pain! 80 freaking percent! She’s not 100% because some of her medication has side effects, but from not being able to walk at all, to cleaning the house, going out and about doing her chores and enjoying the weekends out with my father, her quality of life has improved GREATLY!!
In fact, one thing she reported back to me was that she could think more clearly. Um, ya, gluten has a tendency to cause foggy brain. Crazy right?
The reason I wrote my Baking eBook was for a few reasons; 1. I wanted to share delicious and healthier treats with my tribe (you guys rock!) and 2. because my mom really wanted to enjoy something sweet without having gluten and a boat load of crappy and fake ingredients.
So I got to work and created a ton of recipes that are all gluten free, most are dairy free and all recipes contain only natural, whole food ingredients (because that’s how I roll!).
So let’s get to my mom’s favourite recipe, my best ever decadent chocolate brownies. Hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
Oh! and stay tuned for a very special 50% off discount on my baking eBook, coming soon for Valentines Day.
P.S. If you’ve been dealing with inflammation, know that through the right diet, you can heal and get better! Our bodies are so miraculous when we give it the right support and nutrients. If you’re suffering, in pain and feel like their is no hope, trust me, their is a solution. Email me and let’s set up some time to discuss if working together is the right solution for you. Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org for a complimentary consult call.
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons almond or coconut milk
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 eggs, whisked
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place all of step 1 ingredients over a double boiler and melt together over low heat.
- Next, place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the step 3 ingredients. Mix well, then pour into the dry mix, along with the Step 1 chocolate ingredients. Mix everything together with a hand mixer until well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased 8x8 brownie pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool before transferring to a wire rack and cut into 12 even squares.
- * Feel free to add walnuts, dried cherries or other dried fruits, nuts or seeds to this recipe.