This is a decadent and delicious recipe and it requires 1 simple ingredient… COCONUT!
I am a die hard lover of all things coconut! I always have been. I remember as a little girl being obsessed with those coconut bounty chocolate bars. Remember those? #gross
These days I make my own bounty bars minus all the junk and full of all the goodness!
Coconut is literally everywhere these days and it seems you can’t avoid it from all the bars, treats, snacks and butters that are popping up in every grocery store.
Being that it is an easily digestible fat, I can see why everyone loves it. Especially since it gives your body a nice energy boost. Plus, it’s incredible tasty!
As great as it is to eat, coconut is also antibacterial which is great for your skin, or for healing from an insect bite. Plus, it’s fat content is perfect for healing dry and cracked skin. It’s also antiviral and antimicrobial, making it a great addition to your medicine cabinet for those sick days.
So now, onto the butter. The decadent, creamy goodness that is so incredibly easy to make, but does require some strong arms and patience!
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- Add flakes to a food processor and start pulsing.
- Stop to scrap the sides down with a spatula.
- Continue this pulse and scraping business for 10-20 minutes, until you have a creamy blend.
- Store in the fridge or cupboard in a glass jar for up to 1 month.
- Use this butter in smoothies, spread on toast with homemade jam, serve as is with a side of fruit or eat it right out of the jar, like I do!