Don’t you ever have those times when you just want to dive into a huge bowl of carbs?
You know, a bowl of pasta or just eat 3 extra servings of rice and not give a damn! Well, this cauliflower fried rice feels like you’re diving into a huge bowl of carbs, minus the guilt!
This is the perfect veggie filled dish – EVER!
I’m a little obsessed with this recipe for a few reasons:
1. It’s incredibly easy to make
2. I feel like I’m actually eating Chinese fried rice
3. It’s loaded with veggies
4. You can eat a lot of it (because it’s veggies) and feel amazing!
I’ve been getting my Organics Live delivery box every week, which is amaze balls by the way! Every week I get organic produce delivered straight to my door and often times, there’s cauliflower. I’ve been trying to come up with creative ways to use it, cause let’s face it, steamed cauliflower is freakin’ boring!
You can click here to get your own Organics Live delivery every week (if you are in the local GTA area). Trust me, it’s worth it!
I made cauliflower tater tots the other night (will share the recipe soon) and this amazing fried rice. Oh! and my Creamy Cauliflower Soup is a serious favourite. Click here for that recipe.
It’s safe to say that I am becoming a cauliflower master! And it’s becoming a veggie that I adore more and more, which is a good thing since Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6. It also contains biotin, which helps to strengthen hair (and been known to help with hair growth!).
Cauliflower is also an incredible detoxification veggie. Certain compounds found in cauliflower, such as sulforaphane, glucobrassicin, glucoraphanin, and gluconasturtiian, are very useful for helping the body to detox due to how they support liver function.
And as a HUGE bonus, if you support the health of your liver, you in turn support the health of your skin, keeping the wrinkles at bay and that youthful radiant glow.
So let’s get to this delicious, nutrient dense, detox friendly, skin loving recipe.
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- Half a onion, chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cashews, optional
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos/marinade (or tamari)
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Sea salt and pepper
- Coconut oil, for sautéing
- Cut the cauliflower into florets, discarding the tough inner core. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and drizzle in coconut oil. Add onion and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add in ginger and garlic and stir together.
- Slide veggie mixture to one side of the skillet and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
- Stir in cauliflower "rice" and peas and mix everything together well. Add in coconut aminos. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender. Add in chilli flakes, sea salt and pepper.
- Top with green onions and cashews and serve and enjoy!