Last week I baked up a delicious CARROT CAKE BANANA BREAD, and it didn’t last long!
I also made a delicious cream cheese icing and topped it with toasted coconut which took it next level. Typically I would make a cashew icing, but cashews don’t agree with Gaetan, my fiance.
I don’t follow any fancy icing recipe. With my hand mixer I blend together roughly 1/4 cup cream cheese with 1/4 cup butter and 3-4 tbsp icing sugar (I used Swerve Sweetener icing sugar which I ordered from Natura Market — this is an icing sugar replacement that contains 0 grams of sugar!) I eyeball the ingredients and add a bit more or less depending on taste.
For the toasted coconut, I heat my cast iron pan over medium-low heat, sprinkle in some shredded coconut and stir around for 1-2 mins. The minute I see it browning I remove it from the pan.
P.S. If you’re looking for more delicious and easy recipes, come join me inside my Healthy Hormones Recipe Club! Are you confused with all the information out there about how to balance your hormones, lose weight + support your immunity? Can’t keep up with all the different diets; Paleo, Keto, Intermittent Fasting, or which one is even right for you Get a monthly meal plan + shopping list + recipes that will help you to support your body, balance your hormones, detoxify and shed some inches in the process! Each month has a different theme (CLICK HERE to read what I’ll be sharing over the next few months!) This Recipe Club is available for a super affordable price, so you can easily say YES to putting yourself first, without breaking the bank. Delicious food & zero deprivation, I promise!
And now for the main event —> Here’s the recipe for you! Enjoy and tag me in your delicious creations…
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup monkfruit sweetener or coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3 med eggs (if they are really large, 2 eggs will do)
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients: almond flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, shredded coconut, and raisins.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together your wet ingredients: coconut oil, carrots, mashed bananas, and eggs. Now fold your wet ingredients into the dry. Mix well and fold in nuts.
- Spoon the batter into the loaf pan. Spread evenly across the top, and place in the oven
- Bake for 45-47 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Insert a toothpick in the middle to make sure center is cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan🍌