Fancy dinners, indulgent desserts and expensive wine tend to make up most Valentines Days.
Maybe the addition of chocolates, cinnamon hearts and lingerie get thrown in the mix too!
This year, my hunny and I are staying in. I’m getting treated to a delicious and healthy homemade meal (sweet!) and will get busy in the kitchen baking up something yummy!
That’s where these Almond Pulp Raw Brownies come in!
You heard right… I said Almond Pulp! Have you been busy making your own almond milk at home only to throw out the pulp? Well don’t! Save it for this delicious and raw brownie treat.
This recipe only works if you have raw almond pulp on hand, so technically, this is a 2 phased recipe. First, make your own homemade almond milk by following this recipe HERE.
Then, onto the un-baking. Since these delicious gems are raw, you don’t even need to turn on your oven!
Happy Valentines Day! xo
- 1/2 cup almond pulp (squeezed reeeally well to dry out. Pulp must be completely dry to use)
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 4 tbsp dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground vanilla bean
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Place cashews in your food processor and process until they become small and crumbly, like a cashew-flour.
- Add dates to the cashews and process again until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed and incorporated.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process again until the mixture turns a lovely dark chocolatey brown. Stop processing before it gets too buttery and creamy.
- Dump the mixture into a brownie dish or small cake pan and press down very firmly using clean hands.
- Place the brownies into the freezer for at least one hour.
- Slice before eating and eat right out of the freezer. They won't turn rock-hard. They will be nice and chewy, almost fudge-like.
- *Do not refrigerate or defrost. Keep brownies in freezer. They will last 7 days in freezer.
- Feel free to add in cacao nibs, goji berries, dried cherries or your other favourite superfood or dried fruits. Get creative and experiment!