Powerhouse ingredients make up this incredible recipe! Actually, 3 of my most favourite foods, sweet potato, kale and quinoa! These hearty patties are filling and make a great substitute for a traditional burger. Their great as a breakfast pattie, a side for lunch, or a main at dinner- absolutely versatile. Next time I think I’ll try more savoury herbs instead of a curry kick, such as oregano, rosemary or thyme. Feel free to experiment with different spices and herbs and come up with your own concoction! Enjoy!
1 tsp coconut or olive oil
1 onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 carrot, shredded
2 cups kale, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup cooked sweet potato
1 cup organic canned adzuki beans, rinsed
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
2 tbsp gluten free all purpose flour
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp chili flakes
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a saucepan, melt coconut oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add carrots and kale, sauté for an additional 4 minutes.
- In a food processor or blender, puree beans and yam.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Measure into 1/3 cup portions and press into patties*.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
* Make into bigger patties for a burger substitute
Health & Abundance,
Recipe adapted from – http://myvega.com/blog/2013/celebrate-international-year-quinoa