Are you one of the many people who are struggling with gut health issues? Founder of the Healthy Gut Company, Steven Wright shares his personal journey toward healing his gut, as well as some strategies that we can implement to support our digestive system.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode173.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- How digestive enzymes work
- The importance of hydrochloric acid
- Why so many people have a hydrochloric acid deficiency
- Some of the biggest factors that contribute to an unhealthy gut
- The specific carbohydrate diet (SCD)
- Systemic enzyme therapy
- One of the biggest reasons why many of us experience so much bloating is because we have issues with low stomach acid.
- Food, water, and air are the biggest human consumption variables on a daily basis when it comes to our health. The quality of those ingredients matters to our overall outcome.
- If you’re on an elimination diet for longer than three months, you begin to create your own dysbiosis in the microbiome.
- Taking out complex carbohydrates from your diet can create more food sensitivities, more food reactions, and less oral tolerance over time.
- The specific carbohydrate diet is a version of a FODMAP style diet where you’re not eating anything processed out of a wrapper or package. It’s a whole food diet where you’re cutting out as many complex carbohydrates as you can.
- Consider going on the specific carbohydrate diet. Eliminate the foods that are giving you problems and attempt to reintroduce them as quickly as possible.
- If you’re having an IBD flare, start with the intro diet along with the specific carbohydrate diet. This means eating all cooked meats, fruits, and vegetables and nothing raw.
- Support your body with all the mechanical needs it might be missing at the moment to break down foods.
- If you want to protect your gut, eat a lot of fermented foods, say a gratitude prayer before you eat, slow down, and try to eat a wide range of foods.
- Find a supplement that’s going to cover your pancreatic enzymes, your brush border enzymes, and microbiome enzymes all in the same capsule. You also want to try to find something with minerals added to it.
- Take enzymes with your meals and before bed. Also, don’t be afraid to experiment with your enzyme dosages.
- If you’re in a bad place, like if you’re someone who has refractory IBD or you’re headed into the hospital, one of the coolest things you can do is give your gut a break by doing a 24- or 36- or 48-hour water fast.
“The hope… is that if you supplement with [HCl] long enough and you rebuild the natural processes, you reabsorb all your minerals, and you kind of train your stomach how to work, you will end up usually coming off of HCl.”
“The systemic part of enzymes can not be understated, and I think it’s one of the most underrated anti-aging tools… It’s really cool from an anti-aging standpoint.”
Thanks for listening!
Check out our brand spanking new website: holisticwellness.ca and our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and center when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset.
Our DUTCH Hormone Program also had a revamp, and it’s now called The Hormone Solution Program. It’s a 4-month coaching program where you can work with our team of incredible coaches who are experts in DUTCH hormone testing and GI-MAP testing. It also now includes a hair mineral analysis test. Learn more about it here: holisticwellness.ca/hormonesolution.
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Whether you suffer from embarrassing diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, heartburn, or autoimmune diseases that cause debilitating pain, you can restore your gut and transform your life, becoming your best self from the inside out. Check out Steven’s amazing gut health products and save $15 off over at Healthygut.com with the coupon code – HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re in the US, get free shipping too!
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra-strength CBD oil, which I use before bed. https://eatonhemp.com
- My favorite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Also, their GOLD in Pumpkin spice is absolutely delicious for this time of year. I’m sipping on one right now with coconut milk. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post-workout smoothies. My go-to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products. Be sure to check out the NEW Liposomals from Canprev. Currently, I’m using their Vitamin C and Curcumin Liposomal and more products are launching soon! – https://canprev.ca/products/curcumin100-liposomal
Also, CanPrev’s NEW Omega Twists taste amazing. Learn more about them here – https://canprev.ca/products/omega-twist.
Where you can find Steven:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s