Welcome to the Q&A chat together with Coach Valerie, where we answer your questions regarding thyroid health, PMS, cravings, and many more! We hope that you can take a lot of the strategies that we share. Enjoy the episode!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode97
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How to deal with gas and bloating
- How to stop sugar cravings
- Sugar cravings vs hunger
- Healing your body after years of taking birth control pills
- Cycle mapping
- How to deal with adult acne
- The gut is the foundation for everything, so symptoms of gas and bloating are most likely diet-related and can be connected to the hormones.
- Gas and bloating are indicative that you’re lacking the necessary stomach factors to break down the food that’s sitting in your stomach.
- Gas and bloating can also be indicative of an imbalance in your gut flora.
- Hunger, compared to cravings, is going to take more time to build up.
- It typically takes 3 to 6 months for your body to heal from taking birth control pills, but it’s not unusual for it to take up to a year.
- When dealing with gas and bloating:
- Assess your diet. Look at the things you’re eating and not eating, and try to remove those offending foods (e.g. gluten, dairy, refined sugar). Eliminate those for about 4 weeks and see where your symptoms are at that point.
- Make sure you’re getting in 3L of water per day and check to see if you have enough hydrochloric acid to break down your food.
- If you’re struggling with a lot of cravings, supplement with L-glutamine.
- Take the DUTCH test to stay on top of your hormonal health.
- Support liver detoxification when you come off the pill.
- Be conscious of what you’re using on your skin and stick to a very simple cleansing routine for your skin.
“When we specifically see gas and bloating, that’s a really clear indication that the gut needs some TLC overall.”
“I think every woman should do [the DUTCH Test] at least once in their lifetime. It’s such a great tool to really explore your sex hormones and your metabolites and your cortisol, your melatonin, so you get an overall picture of what’s going on.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb & Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15
- Check out HEMPANOL PM and HEMPANOL CF
- Also check out the LIVALATTE and the AshwaMilk
Past episode mentioned:
- Coaches Chat – Morning and Nighttime Routines
- From Boobs to Pubes – How to Use Castor Oil for Detoxification and Hormone Health
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s