Did you know that castor oil is good for detoxification and hormone health? If you’re looking to support your hormones, castor oil is it! Listen in as I talk about the many ways you can use castor oil from head to toe.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode96
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Castor oil’s chemical composition and its benefits
- The different ways to use castor oil
- The benefits of massaging castor oil all over your body
- Castor oil in a non-volatile fatty oil derived from the seeds of the castor bean plant.
- Castor oil is used to boost lymphatic health and circulation, and to support immune health.
- Castor oil can be used to treat constipation when ingested.
- Studies suggest that many of the castor oil’s benefits come down to its chemical composition. Almost 90% of its fatty acid content is a rare compound called ricinoleic acid.
- Castor oil contains beneficial salts and esters that mainly act as skin conditioning agents.
- Castor oil is good for cuts and sunburns.
- Castor oil is great for hair growth.
- Castor oil is known to benefit your breast health and all the way down to your ovaries.
- Castor oil also helps decrease menstrual cramping and breast tenderness.
- Most people tend to avoid oils to cleanse the skin because they think it’s going to make their skin more oily, but using plant oils is really the most beneficial way to clean the skin and really restore your natural radiance.
- Avoid using vegetable oils for cooking.
- Mix castor oil with a little bit of jojoba oil for skincare. This works really great for taking off your make-up.
- Mix some castor oil with a little bit of coconut oil (1:1) for sunburns. This also works as a natural lip balm.
- Hydrate your skin with a quarter cup of castor oil with a three-quarter cup of either olive oil or jojoba oil. This is a great moisturizer from head to toe.
- Try growing your eyelashes by applying castor oil on them using a mascara wand.
- Use castor oil mixed with coconut oil as a hair mask for strong, shiny hair.
- Rub the castor oil all over your body, from boobs to pubes.
- Avoid using the castor oil during your period as it increases circulation and lymphatic flow.
- Make a castor oil pack:
- Take a piece of flannel, approximately the size of your hand and saturate it with high-quality cold-pressed castor oil.
- Lay the flannel on top of your liver (located on the right side of your body, just under your ribs) and place a hot water bottle on top of it.
“The castor oil encourages lymphatic drainage, and it can be really great for helping to shrink cysts and fibroids.”
“[Castor oil] is incredible therapeutic, it’s wonderful for the skin, it’s wonderful for detoxification, and for liver health.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb & Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15
- Check out HEMPANOL PM
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s