What is libido? What does it mean to be aroused? It’s such an important topic to talk about because so many women are experiencing this symptom of low libido. Best-selling author Susan Bratton is on the show to shine some light on libido, sexual desire, and arousal.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode93
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The desire for passionate sex and orgasm
- Intimacy disconnection
- How to get your libido back
- What desire is all about
- Unpacking the patriarchal view of sexuality
- How to stay present during sex
- Connecting back to your feminine energy
- Communication and sex
- The fundamental thing about having a great sex life and a high libido is having healthy hormones by getting the right nutrition and getting good quality sleep.
- Susan’s homemade dressing:
- Take a cup of organic avocado oil.
- Mix in a quarter cup of good vinegar.
- Add a tablespoon of French Dijon mustard.
- Add fresh or dried herbs.
- Add salt and pepper as you desire.
- Desire is all about loving yourself and loving your partner. It’s about clearing through anything that has happened to you in the past that is holding you back from sexual pleasure and connection.
- You as a woman have as much erectile tissue in your urogenital complex as your male partner.
- The foundation of arousal is relaxation. You cannot become aroused until you relax.
- Think of your sexuality in terms of your hormones and the chemical signals in your body.
- Get rid of the toxins in your body by drinking lots of water and sweating out those toxins, but also by getting in more fat in your diet.
- Schedule a time for sex.
- Lie down and teach your partner how to hold you before you start trying to have sex.
“Testosterone is the king, queen, and joker of all the hormones.”
“If you don’t feel good, you don’t have libido. They are two sides of the same coin.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Where you can find Susan Bratton:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s