How do environmental toxins impact your health and hormones? What can you do to avoid them? Environmental toxins expert, educator, and certified holistic health coach Lara Adler talks about the unaddressed link between chemicals and chronic health problems.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode80.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Water quality and water contamination
- How we can filter our water effectively
- Endocrine disruptors and their impact on our hormones
- The different products you need to be conscious of
- Where to start when it comes to minimizing your toxic exposure
- Why matcha tea is good for you
- In the United States, the Environmental Protection Agency regulates approximately 91 chemicals in the drinking water. However, there are 300+ chemicals in the drinking water that are not regulated.
- There are 77 million Americans who are drinking water that violated the Safe Water Drinking Act because of excessive levels of regulated chemicals. So just because it’s regulated, it doesn’t mean that they are within safe ranges.
- Everybody’s water is different. There is no one perfect solution, product, or brand of water filter that we can say everybody should buy.
- Fifty percent of the chlorine that we absorb in our body comes from the shower.
- Endocrine disruptors are chemicals or substances that block or mimic the communication of natural hormones in the body. They masquerade as real hormones.
- Know what’s happening with your water before running out to the store to buy a filter. First, check out your water quality report.
- Be mindful of plastic that comes in contact with your food.
- Ditch the home fragrances.
- Consider getting an air filter.
“What I think is really hard for people to grasp is that hormonal imbalance [is] a slow burn. Cancer is a process. Our hormones changing… these are things that happen over time.”
“I don’t want to be plastic phobic but I do want to be mindful of plastic as it comes in contact with my food.”
Thanks for listening!
Pre-Order my NEW BOOK – The 30-Day Hormone Solution at hormonesolutionbook.com and grab over $350 in free online bonuses!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Where you can find Lara Adler:
Lara’s Instagram (@environmentaltoxinsnerd)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me: