What is gluten and how is it potentially impacting your health? And how can you manage chronic inflammation? In this episode, I dive into all things gluten and share some simple things that you can do to optimize your health and your hormones and manage inflammation.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode72.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What you need to know about gluten
- Why you need to consider going gluten-free
- Acute inflammation versus chronic inflammation
- What causes chronic inflammation and its long-term health effects
- The ways to manage inflammation and optimize your health
- Gluten causes gut inflammation in at least 80% of the population.
- Thirty percent of the population that develops antibodies against gluten proteins in the gut.
- At least 99% of the population has the genetic potential to develop antibodies against gluten.
- Especially if you have an autoimmune condition or you are type 1 diabetic, cutting out gluten is going to lessen the inflammatory load on your body.
- Gluten’s inflammatory effect on the gut causes intestinal cells to die prematurely and the oxygenation of those cells, which results in a leaky gut.
- Chronic inflammation isn’t just caused by inflammatory foods but also by psychological stress and sleep deprivation.
- Go on a 21-day gluten elimination diet and then re-introduce it slowly and see how you feel.
- Think about long-term health and not just how you want to feel now but also how you want to feel in the future, especially as you start to age.
- Manage your inflammation and optimize your health:
- Eat real, whole foods and remove the toxins and inflammatory foods in your diet. Cut out gluten, dairy, and sugar.
- Manage your stress.
- Eat organic as much as you possibly can, and buy from local sources.
- Get enough good quality sleep.
- Exercise regularly and build and maintain muscle mass.
“A lot of products will list that they are gluten-free, which is great. But because it’s gluten-free that doesn’t necessarily mean that that’s the better option.”
“We can’t take charge of our life if we don’t have optimized health. So that’s truly where it starts.”
Thanks for listening!
Registration is now open for our 8-Week Metabolic Reset Weightloss Program. It’s a program that addresses all of the things that cause weight issues. It is literally your one-stop-shop for losing weight and balancing your hormones. Plus, you only need to pay once to remain a member of the Metabolic Reset for life!
As an exclusive bonus, I’ll be hosting a Sugar Detox and Mindset Masterclass for all participants in the Metabolic Reset Program. It is going to be next-level amazing and one super informative class.
Also, check out the numerous ways you can work with myself and my team! Apart from the 8-Week Metabolic Reset Weightloss Program, we’ve also got the 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Program, and the Dutch Hormone Program.
Finally, connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Past episode mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Podcast Episode 70: The Importance of Pooping, Optimizing Digestion, and the Gut and Hormone Connection
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me: