Welcome to another Q&A episode! This time, I answer your questions about navigating the diet dogma, the link between irregular cycles and hypothyroidism, the things you need to consider to support your thyroid, and how to deal with fibroids.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode71.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How to navigate all the diet dogma that are out there
- The link between irregular cycles and hypothyroidism
- What the thyroid hormone does to your body
- The 5 things you need to consider to help support your thyroid
- How to deal with fibroids
- It can be so confusing when we are bombarded every single day from all sides about how we should be eating. The thing is, nobody knows how you should be eating but YOU.
- If you are going to go vegan or vegetarian, make sure you have variety in your diet and not just relying on grains, beans, and legumes.
- When it comes to choosing which diet to follow, it comes down to what makes the most sense for you and how you feel best.
- Hypothyroidism and the menstrual cycle are intimately tied together. While the thyroid hormone isn’t a sex hormone, it does play a key role in keeping your period regular.
- Every cell in your body needs the thyroid hormone, including your brain and your ovaries. It’s essential for follicle development in the ovary, which is a very necessary step in ovulation.
- The 5 areas that impact your thyroid and your body overall:
- Heavy metals
- Stealth and latent infections
- Environmental toxicities
- Emotional trauma and chronic stress
- Nutrient deficiencies
- Fibroids are a symptom, not a root cause. And no matter how big or small your fibroids are, you always want to address the root cause.
- Tune in to your body. When it comes to how you should be eating, only YOU know what’s right for you.
- Do not get caught up in the diet dogma. At the end of the day, you just have to experiment and see what works for you.
- Make sure that you’re getting your thyroid tested and you’re getting a full panel, and then work with a practitioner who can look at those tests and assess where you might need support.
- Support your thyroid.
- Make sure you’re on the right medication or supplementation.
- Address your adrenals and your stress.
- Make sure you’re eating an anti-inflammatory whole foods diet.
“Healing can come in many different forms. But this is why, at the end of the day, it really comes down to experimentation. And it also comes down to finding a practitioner who can best guide you because sometimes we just can’t figure it out on our own.”
“Sleep and stress go hand in hand. If you are chronically stressed, you are probably not getting good enough sleep — deep quality sleep. And if you’re not sleeping, you’re not healing.”
Thanks for listening!
The Dutch Test Program is now available in our online clinic! Wherever you are in the world, if you’re interested in getting our Dutch Hormone Package, just shoot me an email and let me know.
Check out our 3-month Holistic Wellness Business Mentorship Program launching in September! It’s a mix of group coaching and personalized one-on-one coaching that will help to build the foundation of your business so that you can have incredible success.
Finally, connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Check out our SUMMER SALE! (Sale ends August 2nd) Visit our shop for ebooks and supplements:
- 20% off all eBooks and Meal Plans with coupon code SAVE20
- 10% off Supplements with coupon code SAVE10
- 50% off CleanBeautyU
- BroccoProtect™ – Designs for Health
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s