How can we use essential oils to balance our hormones and support ourselves throughout the day? Dr. Mariza Snyder is back in the podcast and we talk all about essential oils and hormones as well as supporting thyroid health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode58
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Dr. Mariza started her research journey on essential oils
- What to look for in essential oils and what to pay attention to in essential oil companies and brands
- Essential oils to combat sugar, salt, and fat cravings
- Morning, daytime, and evening rituals to sustain your energy
- Essential oil blends for the thyroid and the liver
- Phototoxicity and photosensitivity with essential oils
- Essential oils for PMS support
- The uses and benefits of copaiba
- Essential oils for bloating and digestive support
- Essential oils as air fresheners
- 98% of the essential oils in the market are synthetic to some degree or adulterated.
- It takes a lot of plant materials in order to create really therapeutic, beneficial, organic, and powerful plant essential oils.
- Peppermint is such a great appetite and craving suppressor.
- Dr. Mariza’s “Sugar Be Gone” blend contains 8 drops each of grapefruit, lemon, and peppermint. And her “Instant Energy” blend is a combination of peppermint and citrus (grapefruit or wild orange).
- Oils have a way of shifting your emotions and shifting your stress and shutting up that mental chatter.
- Dr. Mariza’s thyroid blend is 5 drops of frankincense, 5 drops of lemongrass, 5 drops of myrrh, 5 drops of clove, and 6 to 8 drops of lavender. For the liver, it’s turmeric and castor oil.
- Your go-to oils for PMS are clary sage and lavender. For the blend, use 10 drops of clary sage, 8 drops of lavender, 8 drops of geranium, 4 drops of bergamot, and 4 drops of ylang-ylang.
- For bloating, if it’s a duo, it would be 10 drops each of peppermint and ginger. If it’s a trio, it would be 7 to 8 drops each of peppermint, ginger, and phenol.
- Do your research on essential oil brands and companies.
- Know your trigger points when it comes to cravings and always have your essential oil blend to combat them.
- If you’re feeling overwhelmed or stressed, set a timer on your phone for every 90 minutes or every hour where you just take a moment, stand up, and reset.
Dr. Mariza said:
“The cool thing about essential oils… is that they’re anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-bacterial… because these chemical constituents are secondary metabolites on plants and their job is mainly to protect the plant from environmental threats…”
“Self-care is really just giving yourself permission to pause.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to grab a copy of Dr. Mariza’s book, The Essential Oil Hormone Solution here on Amazon! And make sure to sign up for our weekly newsletter! We will soon be opening the registration for our Spring Detox and we will be sharing all the details over there.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie! And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Books by Dr. Mariza Snyder:
The Essential Oil Hormone Solution by Dr. Mariza Snyder – Grab it here on Amazon!
The Smart Mom’s Guide to Essential Oils
Where you can Dr. Mariza Snyder:
Dr. Mariza’s Instagram (@drmariza)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s