Welcome to another Q&A episode! The questions that come in, many of us have these questions and sometimes we’re just scared to ask. So take a listen as I provide some insights and strategies on the things that you want to know about. Enjoy!
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode52.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How can you boost low progesterone?
- Why should you take a DUTCH test?
- When you have low thyroid function, should you support your thyroid, your adrenals, or both?
- What can you do with terrible menopausal symptoms?
- Should you eat different foods while you’re on your period?
- Is it possible to take too much B vitamins?
- What can you do about getting sick a lot?
- Some of the reasons for having low progesterone could be age. Or it could be that your progesterone is low in relation to your estrogen, meaning that there is estrogen dominance going on.
- If you have low thyroid function, it typically means you have a high adrenal function. So your adrenals and your thyroid can’t really function at the same time.
- When it comes to menopause, your symptoms will get worse if you have a congested liver, if you have adrenal fatigue, and if you have low thyroid function.
- Get acupuncture treatment to help boost low progesterone. You can also start to incorporate some evening primrose oil, specifically during the second half of your cycle.
- Get a DUTCH test.
- Support both your adrenals and your thyroid.
- Address terrible menopausal symptoms:
- Do a thyroid test and run a full thyroid panel).
- Manage the stressors in your life.
- Implement a high level of self-care.
- Detoxify. Get rid of toxic products that you’re currently using. Go to ewg.org and look up the Clean 15 and the Dirty Dozen lists.
- Eat a variety of foods during your period.
- Make sure you’re getting enough iron by eating red meat (lamb, beef, organ meats like liver). If you have a heavier flow, take an iron supplement.
- Get lots of vitamin C by eating citrus fruits (lemons, lime, grapefruit, berries) and dark leafy greens. Vitamin C is going to help with the absorption of iron.
- Eat foods rich in omega-3 (fish oil, hemp seeds, flax seeds, chia seeds, wild-caught fish).
- Eat foods rich in B12 (red meat, dark leafy greens)
- Pay attention to carbohydrates. Some women need a little bit more carbohydrates during their period and everybody is different.
- What to do if you often get sick:
- Eat mushrooms. Reishi mushrooms, Cordyceps, and Chaga are really good and help to modulate the immune system.
- Increase your vitamin C intake by eating vitamin C-rich foods or supplementing with it.
- Make sure you stay hydrated.
- Support your gut health with probiotics, fermented foods, and bone broth.
- Make sure you’re sleeping well enough and that you’re creating healthy boundaries around your sleep.
- Get anti-inflammatory herbs and spices (ginger-lemon tea, ginger-lemon-turmeric lemonade).
“[The DUTCH test] is a wonderful hormone test because it will not just show you what’s going on with your sex hormones but will also really break down all your hormone metabolites and how well your liver is.”
“If you feel like you’ve done everything… and your symptoms are still showing up in a big way, that’s when I would suggest to go dive in and now do the DUTCH test. Instead of trying to guess everything, just test, don’t guess, and then dive into that.”
Thanks for listening!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter. And if you’re a health practitioner or an entrepreneur, be on the lookout for the Holistic Wellness Business Mentorship program that’s coming soon!
If you have any questions, connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Designs for Health Adrenotone
- PURICA Immune 7
- PURICA Complete 360
*Shop for these at the Holisticwellness Shop
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s