Are you a breast cancer survivor or want to know more about breast cancer prevention? Find out how you can be a breast cancer thriver with holistic nutritionist Lauren Neuburger. As a breast cancer survivor herself, she is living proof that certain tools and strategies can have a tremendous impact on your overall health and quality of life.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode50.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Lauren handled getting diagnosed with breast cancer at age 26
- Estrogen dominance and why hormonal imbalance is not to blame for when you get cancer
- The beneficial qualities of phytoestrogens
- The DUTCH test and why you should take it
- The effects of chemotherapy on your hormones and ovarian health
- The dietary changes that Lauren started to implement early on after her breast cancer diagnosis
- Commonalities among anti-cancer diets that we can all benefit from
- Lauren’s non-negotiables when it comes to health and wellbeing
- Mammograms and thermography
- Managing your internal environment and managing your mindset can play a really pivotal role in your health and whether or not a disease can manifest in your body.
- When you get breast cancer, your hormones are not the problem. It’s not the hormonal imbalance that’s causing cancer but the misalignment in other areas of your life.
- If you have a symptom of estrogen dominance, it’s really just a sign to take a closer look at the message that this imbalance is showing you and look at the other areas in your life that could be contributing to this imbalance.
- When it comes to breast cancer, especially ones that are estrogen receptor-positive, it is important to look at the estrogen picture. Estrogen is actually a parent term and there are many different estrogen metabolites. Some of these metabolites are very protective, and some of them are more harmful.
- Any good breast cancer prevention protocol is going to address several things. It’s going to boost the immune system, it’s going to be super high in antioxidants, it’s going to be very anti-inflammatory, and it’s going to work on balancing blood sugar.
- Alcohol is absolutely something that should be addressed as part of any anti-cancer protocol. When it comes to breast cancer, there really is no safe amount of alcohol that can be consumed.
- Do a breast self-exam. Know where your breasts are now and how they are when they’re healthy, and knowing what they feel like so that you can really monitor some changes.
- Pay attention to your cycle. It is a window into what’s really going on with your hormonal health.
- Test your hormones, especially after a breast cancer diagnosis.
- Make present-moment food choices that honor your highest self.
- Attend to your soul needs and do things that bring you joy.
“The best anti-cancer diet for anybody is one that serves them the best.
“By taking care of yourself, you are saying yes to yourself. You are saying yes to the universe that you matter and you choose YOU. That is such a powerful message that can be sent… And when you choose YOU, you end up creating more space in your life to serve others.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have any questions, connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. And it would mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review over on iTunes or Spotify or Stitcher, or whichever platform you’re listening to us on. Take a screenshot of your review and email it over to us, and get our FREE 3-Day Hormone Balancing Meal Plan.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Download Lauren’s Anti-Cancer Breakfast eBook here
- Join me IN PERSON for my 4-week Group Coaching Program – Clean, Lean and Green. Check out more info here.
- Join my online 6-week Healthy Hormones for Women Program. Join before March 1st and get TWO incredible bonuses ($400 Value). Sign up and learn more here.
Where you can find Lauren Neuburger:
Lauren’s Instagram (@nutritious.delicious.life)
Where you can find me:
Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s