How can you tell if your hormones are balanced or not? We have talked so much about hormones in the past, what more do you need to know? To have an even better understanding of hormonal health, let’s dive into adrenal and thyroid health and learn more about the roles that the liver and the gut play when it comes to our hormones.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode34
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What it means to have healthy, balanced hormones
- How to achieve balanced hormones
- The important functions of the adrenals, the liver, the digestive system, the thyroid and the gut that are related to hormonal health
- The danger of having excess cortisol
- Managing your adrenals through food
- Foods that support liver detoxification
- What happens when we can’t properly digest our food and how to improve digestion
- Foods that support thyroid health and gut health
- Having stable blood sugar means being able to last between 4 to 6 hours between your meals without snacking and actually feel balanced and stable, without headaches, without feeling anxious, and without irritability.
- The liver is really important when it comes to hormonal health because it converts your T4 thyroid hormone to the active T3 that you need.
- When you have hypothyroidism, you will often find that your digestion slows down as well.
- Your intestines aid in the elimination of toxins and play a very protective role against many health conditions as well as help regulate your hormones.
- Different bacteria in your gut help you produce hormones as well as certain vitamins and minerals.
- If you have high-functioning adrenals, it means you have a low-functioning thyroid.
- Manage your stress. Take some time to relax, unwind and do self-care.
- Take the necessary steps to support your microbiome.
- Improve your digestive health by loading up on prebiotics.
- Eat the healthiest, cleanest diet that you can.
- Make sure to get good quality sleep.
- Make a list where you may be neglecting your sleep, where in your life you may need to better manage your stress, what’s happening in your life in terms of your bedtime routine and your wake up, what’s going on with your food intake and whether or not you’re staying hydrated. See where you can make some improvements.
“Our hormones, we often think of estrogen and progesterone and testosterone but we have many hormones that regulate the functions in our bodies and that interact with each other, which can make it quite complex sometimes to really understand.”
“Those three things, food, stress management, and sleep, will have such a positive impact on all of these areas — on your intestinal system, on your thyroid, on your adrenals, on your ovaries, on your liver.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have Hashimoto’s or an autoimmune condition or you are looking for further support for your thyroid gland, we offer an amazing step-by-step plan to take you through a healing journey. Go ahead and check out our four-week Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s online program! And if you have any questions, you can find me over at Instagram @holisticwellnessfoodie, contact our team, or send me an email.
Outside of that, I want to invite you to come hang out with me and the awesome women in the Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook where we continue the hormone conversation and so much more!
For everybody that leaves a review of the podcast, you can take a screenshot of your review and email it over to me and you can get our free three-day hormone balancing meal plan.
- Simple Mills Crackers
- Organic Adaptogenic Powder from Anima Mundi Apothecary
You can get these products over at PureFeast and save 10% off of your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code PODCAST at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s
- PureFeast – Save 10% off of your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS