How can you incorporate small healthy habits to really create a sustainable approach to health and wellness? Holistic nutrition practitioner and weightlifting and mindset coach, Stephanie Gaudreau, talks about what these habits could be, from reframing the diet culture to weight training to cultivating mindfulness and more!
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Steph’s own journey to better health and wellness
- Steph’s core 4 pillars of health
- The things that Steph have had to unpack and unlearn for herself
- What is wrong with the diet culture
- The bio-individual approach to nutrition
- Steph’s non-negotiables when it comes to health and wellness
- Tips and suggestions for women who want to get started in strength training
- Steph’s Fuck-It List
- A nourishing way of eating is not just what you eat, it’s how you eat it and why you eat it. It’s eating food while understanding your goals and your bio-individuality.
- There is a huge benefit for women when it comes to strength training that goes beyond aesthetics.
- There is no one correct diet that applies to everyone. There are multiple ways of doing things. The question is not whether a certain food is right, but whether it’s right for you or someone else.
- Reclaim your health and be free from diet rules.
- Make sure that you’re in line with the core 4 pillars of health
- Eat nourishing foods.
- Strengthen your body.
- Recharge your energy.
- Get your mindset right.
- If you’re serious about getting started in strength training, go to a place where you can learn from someone.
“Women are really good at thinking about eat less, move more. But oftentimes, we’re missing a lot of what I call low-hanging fruit, easy changes that we can make in these other areas or other ways of thinking about food.”
“We absorb so many things consciously, subconsciously. We’re explicitly taught things. And having awareness is a key first step… It’s just a practice of observing your own thoughts and behaviors.”
Thanks for listening!
I want to invite all of you to sign up for our weekly newsletter! Get a roundup of what’s happening on the blog and different recipes we’ve been posting as well the podcast interviews that have gone live, and get in on different exclusive giveaways or online program launches.
For all the ladies who are struggling with hypothyroidism and Hashimoto’s, the registration is currently open for our Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s online program.
If you want to continue the conversation in this episode, you can find me over at Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Check out Steph’s Program, Harder to Kill Challenge
- Books by Brené Brown
- Loving What Is: Four Questions That Can Change Your Life by Byron Katie
- The Four Tendencies: The Indispensable Personality Profiles That Reveal How to Make Your Life Better (and Other People’s Lives Better, Too) by Gretchen Rubin
- The Performance Paleo Cookbook: Recipes for Training Harder, Getting Stronger and Gaining the Competitive Edge by Stephanie Gaudreau
- Sunbutter Bark Recipe
- Vital Proteins Collagen Creamer in Coconut
- Keto Nootropic from Perfect Keto
- Organic Adaptogenic Powder from Anima Mundi Apothecary
*You can get these products over at PureFeast and save 10% off of your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS.
Where you can find Stephanie Gaudreau:
The Harder to Kill Club Facebook Group
Steph’s Website (Stupid Easy Paleo)
Steph’s Instagram (@steph_gaudreau)
Steph’s Facebook (@StupidEasyPaleo)
Where you can find me:
Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s
- PureFeast – Save 10% off of your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS