Are you and husband trying to start a family but are somehow beset with fertility issues? Fertility expert Dr. Marc Sklar is here to talk about how you can support your fertility and help you find a solution. Don’t lose hope, believe in your fertility, and empower your body to create a healthy pregnancy.
Visit https://holisticwellness.ca/podcast for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Click here to Listen on iTunes or Stitcher:
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- My number one advice to finding the solution to fertility issues
- The Fertility Balanced Wheel (12 areas that affect fertility)
- The signs and symptoms telling you that you need to pay more attention to what you’re doing with your digestive system
- The 2 key areas that have a huge impact on any health condition
- Where we need to start making changes and how
- The impact of environmental toxins on our overall health
- Acupuncture and herbal medicine for fertility
- How men can support their fertility
- Prenatal supplementation
- Three big areas that affect fertility, that often get missed and ignored are digestion, inflammation, and autoimmunity.
- Digestive issues can take a long time to heal. It’s not something that you heal once and you’ll all good and you can move on for the rest of your life, because it’s something that you use every day, all day long.
- The digestive system is the key to most patient issues like unexplained infertility. It’s essential that we get the foundation taken care of, which is what’s going on with our diet and how we are eating.
- Regardless of what kind of health issue we’re dealing with, the digestive function needs to be at the top of the list of things we need to look into.
- For many of us, more stress equals more digestive issues.
- Acupuncture is wonderful at increasing blood circulation and regulating the nervous system.
- Herbs are used to change hormones specifically.
- Most of the burden when it comes to fertility falls on the woman because they are the ones that carry the baby. But that doesn’t mean that the man doesn’t have responsibilities and doesn’t take part in this process.
- Be mindful and aware of what’s going on in your digestive system.
- Eat balanced meals throughout the day that are made up of clean, whole foods.
- Pick a diet that works for you, and tweak it according to what your body needs.
- Objectively look at the 12 areas that affect your fertility and see how you can improve in each area.
- Do one thing at a time. Start making changes in one area, starting with one thing in that area, and build upon successes.
Dr. Sklar said:
“We’re so used to compartmentalizing and specializing when it comes to medicine in this day and age that we forget that there are all these other areas that can and do influence our overall health, and our reproductive health is no different.”
“The one thing I want every man out there to recognize is even if you’ve got low sperm count, you’ve got poor motility… and poor morphology… if those things are all compromised, don’t think there’s nothing you can do about it. There’s a lot you can do.”
Thanks for listening!
If you have any questions about the 12 Week High Fat, Low Carb Weight Loss Program for Women you can always reach me over at Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie, or send me an email and I’ll be happy to answer your questions.
And come to hang out with me in my Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook.
Subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Secret to Conception – A book by Marc Sklar and Sage Breslin
- You can schedule in a 60-minute online fertility consultation with Dr. Sklar, or his team of natural fertility experts here.
- Check out the HOPE workshop here.
- Natures-Source.com – enter code – HOLISTICWELLNESS for a 10% savings. Free shipping to Canada and the US with orders over $50. *You must create a free account in order to use the coupon code. The code cannot be combined with other discounts and offers.
- PureFeast – Save 10% off your first THREE orders over $75 + free shipping with coupon code – HOLISTICWELLNESS
Links to my program:
- 6 Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Use the coupon code podcast at checkout to save 60%.
More from Dr. Marc Sklar:
Dr. Skar’s Instagram: @the_fertility_expert
More from Samantha Gladish:
Holistic Wellness Private Community on Facebook