Lisa Bilyeu is the co-founder of Quest Nutrition and the co-founder and President of Impact Theory studios, a revolutionary, digital-first studio that produces wildly entertaining, original content focusing on themes of empowerment. In this episode, Lisa takes us through her and her husband’s journey to success, from eloping at age 21 to running a billion-dollar business. The failures and challenges Lisa has faced along the way have molded her into her radically confident self and are filled with messages that can help us do the same. She asks, how we can step into ourselves more and use things like insecurity as a tool to drive us forward? No bullshit–what would it take?
In this episode of The Wellness Witch Podcast:
- Living the life you want to despite familial pushback
- Transitioning from stay-at-home to entrepreneur
- How busyness can distract us from our true feelings
- Making the switch from tech to Quest
- How being overworked inspired Lisa’s own health journey
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
This show is sponsored by:
- LMNT | Go to drinklmnt.com/wellnesswitch and save 15% off with code “WELLNESSWITCH”!
- Branch Basics | Go to branchbasics.com/wellnesswitch and save 15% off with code “WELLNESSWITCH”!
Where to find Lisa:
- Website: radicalconfidence.com
- Instagram: @lisabilyeu
- Quest Nutrition Instagram: @questnutrition
- Quest’s Website: questnutrition.com
Where to find Samantha:
- Instagram: @holisticwellnesswitch
- Website: holisticwellness.ca
- YouTube: Samantha Gladish
- Facebook: Holistic Wellness Foodie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Top 3 relevant quotes:
- “All of the conflict that me and my dad had between us was the mindset that he came from, the background that he came from.”
- Lisa Bilyeu
- “It isn’t a healthy way to live, where you feel like you need to keep showing up every day to prove to somebody else your value, worth and what you’re trying to achieve.”
- “Every day, it became this monotonous action, where, in my head, I was convincing myself that this was the sacrifice I needed to make.”
- “Success is not guaranteed, but the struggle damn well is. What are you going to do everyday where you don’t mind facing that struggle, knowing success isn’t guaranteed.”
- “What says that we can successfully build a protein bar company? Nothing, except for the fact that we believed in it. I don’t want people to hear me say, ‘Just believe and everything will come to fruition’, but you have to believe to take that first step.”
- “Are you willing to save yourself? Because, homie, no one’s coming to save you. I’m not saying don’t ask for help, but it all starts with you.”
Option 1: 22:33 Lisa “People ask me about relationship tips and things like that, it really does stem from ‘selection matters’.