Zack Langlois is the cofounder of Northern Raised, an Ontario-based meat delivery service that sources high-quality, local, and sustainably-raised meat and seafood. Today’s conversation explores how our broken food system impacts our health, and how to be more sustainable with our meat consumption. Zack unpacks the 4 pillars they use at Northern Raised — natural, sustainable, local, and ethical — and how we can use these to develop a more conscious connection with our food.
In this episode of The Wellness Witch Podcast:
- How our broken food system affects our health
- Developing a more conscious connection with our food
- How to be sustainable with red meat
- Health standpoint of red meat & its nutritional density
- The entrepreneurial journey of creating Northern Raised
You can find all the info and links about this episode at holisticwellness.ca/episode209.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
This show is sponsored by:
- Eversio | Go to eversiowellness.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH for 15% off.
- Business Mentorship: samanthagladish.com/mentorship
- Northern Raised: www.northernraised.ca (Save $25 off your first 4 orders with code WELLNESSWITCH)
- Follow Zack: @zack.nuc
- Sacred Cow: www.sacredcow.info
Where to find Samantha:
- Instagram: @holisticwellnessfoodie
- Website: holisticwellness.ca
- YouTube: Samantha Gladish
- Facebook: Holistic Wellness Foodie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Top 3 relevant quotes:
- Videograms (scratch) – (13:35 – 14:40), (33:15, 33:40, 34:25)
- YT (scratch) – 10:45
- It’s not that the consumption of meat cannot be sustainable — it’s that we need to move from a system of overconsumption in order to think about sustainability. At the ground level, ruminant animals contribute to carbon sequestration; they are sustainable for this planet, and it is a good way to feed people high nutrient-dense food.