Victoria Albina is a Master Certified Life Coach with a focus on somatic or body-based practices, a breathwork meditation facilitator, and host of the Feminist Wellness Podcast. Today, Samantha and Victoria are bringing you a conversation on nervous system regulation and Polyvagal Theory — unpacking how we can return to our bodies and our felt experience to become more present in our lives. By understanding that the state of our nervous system affects our thoughts and that we have control over the state of our experience, we can reclaim our power by being in control of how we show up in life.
In this episode of The Wellness Witch Podcast:
- Somatic work & connecting to the felt experience of emotions
- How our nervous system affects our thoughts
- Using tools like breathwork to shift your nervous system
- Polyvagal Theory for understanding mind & body connection
You can find all the info and links about this episode at holisticwellness.ca/episode207.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Grab your free meditations to help you connect inward to calm and soothe your perfect mind, body and spirit. https://victoriaalbina.com/free-meditations/
This show is sponsored by:
- Sorso Water | Go to sorsowater.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH to save $200 on a drinking system!
- LMNT | Go to drinklmnt.com/wellnesswitch for a free sample pack!
- Checkout CanPrev Myo-Inositol at canprev.ca
Where to find Victoria:
- IG: @victoriaalbinawellness
- Free meditations: victoriaalbina.com/wellnesswitch
- Program: victoriaalbina.com/anchored
- Podcast: Feminist Wellness Podcast
Where to find Samantha:
- Instagram: @holisticwellnessfoodie
- Website: holisticwellness.ca
- YouTube: Samantha Gladish
- Facebook: Holistic Wellness Foodie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Top 3 relevant quotes:
- Videogram (scratch) – 36:40, 45:45, 28:15
- YT (scratch) – 12:50
- When we can recognize the state of our nervous system, we can see the thoughts we are capable of thinking. From there, we can regulate our nervous system and consciously choose the thoughts we want to think about the situations and scenarios in life we cannot change.
- Somatics are the group of practices or modalities that help us return back to our bodies, to slow down our autonomic nervous system reactions to life so we can get present to the felt experience of our emotions.