Today we’re talking beans + healing with holistic nutrition practitioner, health coach, and author, Unique Hammond! Unique shares her powerful healing story with endometriosis and Crohn’s disease, and how the Bean Protocol completely changed her health and life.
In this episode of The Wellness Witch Podcast:
- Unique’s healing journey with Crohn’s & endometriosis
- Fundamentals of the Bean Protocol
- Where to start: what kinds of beans + how much
- Gut issues, weight gain, & is fat serving or hurting you?
- What to consider with ‘anti-nutrients’
You can find all the info and links about this episode at holisticwellness.ca/episode203.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
This show is sponsored by:
- Eaton Hemp | Visit eatonhemp.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH for 20% off.
- CSNN Ottawa | Check out the Canada School of Natural Nutrition: csnnottawa.ca/freecourse
- Eversio | Go to eversiowellness.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH for 15% off.
Where to find Unique:
Where to find Samantha:
- Business Mentorship Program: samanthagladish.com/mentorship
- Instagram: @holisticwellnessfoodie
- Website: holisticwellness.ca
- YouTube: Samantha Gladish
- Facebook: Holistic Wellness Foodie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Top 3 relevant quotes:
- Videogram (scratch) – 37:20, 45:45
- YT (scratch) – 35
- When I got sick, I became useless to everyone including myself. So what I encourage the most is to remodel your life so you do have time to take care of yourself. Begin to build that muscle of patience because that along with the time you’re giving yourself will create the resilience you’re seeking.
- If you’ve gone your whole life without eating beans or avoiding beans, sitting down to a bowl of them is going to be shocking to your microbiome, so start small.
- As long as I was awake, I was eating beans. I had really bad anxiety which was increasing my bowel movements, so all of that fiber was slowing things down. I was awake 22 hours a day because of the pain, so if I was awake, my directive was — eat beans.