Naturopathic doctor, community builder, and host of the Rebel Talk podcast, Dr. Michelle Peris, is on the show to discuss why community and social relationships play a huge part in our health puzzle. They talk about why even just one deep relationship where you can be vulnerable and real is transformative for your health, while also exploring why group settings can actually be more effective than individual coaching.
In this episode of The Wellness Witch Podcast:
- Why we need to prioritize social relationships
- How to leverage friendship and sisterhood to transform your health
- Why self-compassion can empower your self-healing journey
- How social stress can impact our physiology
- Sticking to a health plan & how group settings can support this
You can find all the info and links about this episode at holisticwellness.ca/episode199.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
This show is sponsored by:
- Eaton Hemp | Visit eatonhemp.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH for 20% off.
- Organifi | Go to organifi.com/wellnesswitch or use code WELLNESSWITCH for 20% off!
- Eversio | Visit eversiowellness.com and use the code WELLNESSWITCH for 15% off.
Where to find Dr. Michelle:
- IG: @drmichelleperis
- Website: michelleperis.com
- Collective: the-wild-collective.com
- Podcast: Rebel Talk
Where to find Samantha:
- Instagram: @holisticwellnessfoodie
- Website: holisticwellness.ca
- YouTube: Samantha Gladish
- Facebook: Holistic Wellness Foodie
This show is produced by Soulfire Productions
Top 3 relevant quotes:
- Videogram (scratch) – 13:15, 28:40
- YT (scratch) – 11:45
- The impact of having a meaningful connection to one person drastically changes your health outcome for a number of metrics — it’s been shown to increase your longevity by upwards of 8 years, your social relationships at 50 determine your health at 80 — there is a very strong link between social connection and our overall health and wellbeing.
- When we’re brave enough to open up, so much healing happens for ourselves and for the recipients of our stories.