What can you do to support your gut? Gut health expert Steven Wright is on the show to talk about butyrate – the next biggest thing that we’re going to hear about in the health and the wellness space.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode182.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The powerful benefits of butyrate
- Leaky gut and why it persists
- How butyrate supports the gut and its systemic benefits
- How butyrate helps with histamine intolerance and food sensitivities
- How we lose our butyrate production and how we can get it back naturally
- Butyrate dosing
- The microbiome is an organ. It has its own ecosystem and its own structure and function. The fermentable parts of the carbohydrates from the vegetables that we eat feed the various bacteria that are down there, and they give off all kinds of byproducts when they consume our leftover foods.
- Butyrate is highly important for the gut but only 90% of it stays in the gut. The other 10% or so go systemic.
- Your colon cells take up approximately 90% of all the butyrate that’s produced by your microbiome.
- The power of tributyrin is that it works on multiple things at the same time.
- In the future, probiotics are going to be a lot more targeted. We’ll be seeing things like a weight loss probiotic, a skin probiotic, a gut probiotic, and so on.
- Don’t give up easily when it comes to finding the right dosing. You just have to slowly work up the dosing versus quitting because it’s so powerful, and you won’t know how a product is going to work for you if you just give up too quickly.
- Work with practitioners who can help you get the correct protocols and guide you through dosing specific to your symptoms.
“If the machinery inside of us is not capable of creating the right ecosystem, then all the probiotics and prebiotics in the world or the right nutrition in the world actually isn’t really going to matter until each organ can do its function.”
“That’s my goal for everybody… that you’ll actually rebuild the ecosystem such that you can eat a lot more vegetables and maybe take some targeted pre and probiotics.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re a practitioner, a nutritionist, or a coach, don’t miss my 5-day business training over at the Holistic Business Collective Facebook group. If you are not yet a member, just search it up on Facebook and come and join us there!
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Whether you suffer from embarrassing diarrhea, constipation, gas, bloating, heartburn, or autoimmune diseases that cause debilitating pain, you can restore your gut and transform your life, becoming your best self from the inside out. Check out Steven’s amazing gut health products and save $15 off over at Healthygut.com with the coupon code – HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re in the US, get free shipping too! www.healthygut.com/healthyhormones
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re looking to use CBD for PMS support, I recommend the extra-strength CBD oil and the CBD salve for cramps. They’ve also just launched their brand new Organic Superfood Bites in 4 delicious flavours. The hemp + espresso + dark chocolate is my fav! Learn more here – https://eatonhemp.com.
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here. We’ve had so many women in our community use this pendant and absolutely LOVE it! It makes a great Christmas gift –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Two of my go-to products for PMS are the Organifi HARMONY and the GOLD chocolate. The harmony contains powerful herbs for women’s hormones and the GOLD is perfect for stress and sleep. Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Also check out their GOLD in Pumpkin spice which is absolutely delicious for this time of year. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca. I love taking their magnesium bisglycinate, Myo-inositol and MYCO10 for immune support. They’ve also just launched their Omega Twists which are delicious. Check out some of their products here:
- Save 15% over at https://www.middaysquares.com with the coupon HEALTHYHORMONES15. I am IN love with all of their bars and flavours. Super clean and a great macro breakdown of carbs, protein and fat.
Where you can find Steven:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: