What are some strategies that you can implement to support your metabolic health over the holidays? Samantha shares her approach to the holiday season and the importance of nutrition to cellular health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode180.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Nutrition and metabolic health over the holidays
- Samatha’s approach to the holiday season
- How to focus on cellular health and metabolic health
- Your nutrition – what you are eating – is the number one thing that is supporting cellular energy.
- Your adrenals and your heart health need salt and a healthy ratio of potassium.
- Make sure to get protein and healthy fat in your diet.
- Finding the balance in your diet is key.
- It’s important that you recognize the things you need that are going to optimise your wellbeing: Eating good food, getting in enough protein and fat, hydrating, taking your supplement, and getting in enough movement.
- Support your cellular health:
- Start the day hydrated.
- Take your morning supplements.
- Eat a nourishing breakfast.
- Take adrenal supplements mid-day.
- Prep before a holiday party or event:
- Get in some really good fiber.
- Bring the food you can eat and tolerate.
- Replenish your omega-3s.
- Prep your pantry and freezer.
- Get enough movement in your day.
“Exercise doesn’t need to look the same during the holidays as it does during the rest of the year, but getting in some movement is what matters.”
“The holidays are really a marathon, and it can be beautiful and magical. Make yourself a priority. That’s what’s really important – making your physical and your mental health a priority, and making sure you’re investing in that too.”
Thanks for listening!
If you don’t want to miss the last time we will be hosting our Metabolic Reset program live, get it on SALE on December 26th! Our group coaching and our program will officially kick off on January 10, 2022.
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Head to healthygut.com/healthyhormones and check out the amazing gut healing products that I spoke about on this episode. They have been a game-changer for me in helping me heal leaky gut and overcome my allergies and histamine intolerance. Save $15 off at this link here – healthygut.com/healthyhormones
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re looking to use CBD for PMS support, I recommend the extra-strength CBD oil and the CBD salve for cramps. They’ve also just launched their brand new Organic Superfood Bites in 4 delicious flavours. The hemp + espresso + dark chocolate is my fav! Learn more here – https://eatonhemp.com.
- If you’re looking for budget-friendly clean beauty products, Skin Essence is a fav of mine. They have beautiful formulations and are 100% clean beauty approved. Save 20% off with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. This is a one-time use code, so be sure to grab all the goodies you want! Plus, it’s free shipping over $49. My fav products are the Nourish Facial Moisturizer and the Rosehip oil.
Shop CAD here – https://www.skinessence.ca/shop/
Shop US here – https://www.skinessenceorganics.com/shop/
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here. We’ve had so many women in our community use this pendant and absolutely LOVE it! It makes a great Christmas gift –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Two of my go-to products for PMS are the Organifi HARMONY and the GOLD chocolate. The harmony contains powerful herbs for women’s hormones and the GOLD is perfect for stress and sleep. Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Also check out their GOLD in Pumpkin spice which is absolutely delicious for this time of year. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca. I love taking their magnesium bisglycinate, Myo-inositol and MYCO10 for immune support. They’ve also just launched their Omega Twists which are delicious. Check out some of their products here:
- Save 15% over at https://www.middaysquares.com with the coupon HEALTHYHORMONES15. I am IN love with all of their bars and flavours. Super clean and a great macro breakdown of carbs, protein, and fat.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s