Do you want to age gracefully? Hormone health educator and media personality Candace Burch chats with us about the hormone changes that happen as we get older and how we can correct hormonal imbalances.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode179.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- The stages of women’s health and hormones
- How hormones start to shift as we age
- The factors that affect hormonal balance
- Symptoms of hormonal imbalance
- The importance of adrenal health
- Different strategies for balancing hormones naturally
- Candace’s story about becoming pregnant later in life
- Hormone imbalances don’t only affect older women who are in their menopause. It’s common in younger women too.
- If you have heavy, painful periods or irregular periods, that’s a big sign of hormone imbalance.
- When it comes to weight issues, hormone testing is going to shed a lot of light. Cortisol imbalances, testosterone and DHEA imbalances, and estrogen dominance all contribute to weight gain.
- Appetite hormones operate on the sleep-wake cycle. People who are sleep-deprived are often finding that they have sugar cravings and food cravings, and they don’t feel full. Ghrelin, the hunger hormone, goes up, and leptin, the satiety hormone, goes down.
- Adrenal support is the place to start for good hormones. In particular with menopausal and perimenopausal women, it’s the adrenal glands that have to pick up the slack from ovarian production of hormones.
- Know the symptoms of hormonal imbalance.
- Do a hormonal test to find out to what extent your symptoms match up with hormone imbalances.
- Take steps to rebalance your hormones with all the great natural remedies we have out there.
- Support your adrenals:
- Consider supplementing with bio-identical hormones when you’re in your menopause or perimenopause.
- Use progesterone cream, but make sure to test beforehand.
- Supplement with B vitamins and pair it with adaptogenic herbs.
- Avoid overtraining. Balance out 2 to 3 days of high-intensity workouts with other days of lighter exercises like yoga, brisk walking, or swimming.
- Increase your fiber intake.
“It’s all about supporting women and helping them understand what their hormones do. It’s kind of amazing how many women are still kind of in the dark about that until the symptoms begin.”
“There’s so much to know and learn about how hormones work in the body and how we can influence them in the direction that we want them to go so that we don’t end up being screaming meanies or rapidly aging.”
Thanks for listening!
Mark your calendars because our Metabolic Reset is going to be on SALE on December 26, 2021! Our group coaching and our program will officially start on January 10, 2022.
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Head to healthygut.com/healthyhormones and check out the amazing gut healing products that I spoke about on this episode. They have been a game-changer for me in helping me heal leaky gut and overcome my allergies and histamine intolerance. Save $15 off at this link here – healthygut.com/healthyhormones
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re looking to use CBD for PMS support, I recommend the extra-strength CBD oil and the CBD salve for cramps. They’ve also just launched their brand new Organic Superfood Bites in 4 delicious flavours. The hemp + espresso + dark chocolate is my fav! Learn more here – https://eatonhemp.com.
- If you’re looking for budget-friendly clean beauty products, Skin Essence is a fav of mine. They have beautiful formulations and are 100% clean beauty approved. Save 20% off with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. This is a one-time use code, so be sure to grab all the goodies you want! Plus, it’s free shipping over $49. My fav products are the Nourish Facial Moisturizer and the Rosehip oil.
Shop CAD here – https://www.skinessence.ca/shop/
Shop US here – https://www.skinessenceorganics.com/shop/
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here. We’ve had so many women in our community use this pendant and absolutely LOVE it! It makes a great Christmas gift –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Two of my go-to products for PMS are the Organifi HARMONY and the GOLD chocolate. The harmony contains powerful herbs for women’s hormones and the GOLD is perfect for stress and sleep. Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Also check out their GOLD in Pumpkin spice which is absolutely delicious for this time of year. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca. I love taking their magnesium bisglycinate, Myo-inositol and MYCO10 for immune support. They’ve also just launched their Omega Twists which are delicious. Check out some of their products here:
- Save 15% over at https://www.middaysquares.com with the coupon HEALTHYHORMONES15. I am IN love with all of their bars and flavours. Super clean and a great macro breakdown of carbs, protein, and fat.
Where you can find Candace:
Candace’s Instagram (@yourhormonebalance)
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s