Are you worried about how the coming holidays might impact your gut? Tune in as we dive into “Gut Health 101” and learn the 9 strategies that you can implement to support your gut health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode178.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
iTunes – Click Here
Stitcher – Click Here
Spotify – Click Here
Be sure to subscribe to this podcast on iTunes and leave us a rating and a review!
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Samantha’s gut story
- Why the gut is so important
- The everyday symptoms of digestive disorders
- What causes an unhealthy gut
- How chronic stress causes an unhealthy gut flora
- What happens when you have a leaky gut
- The gut and the hormone connection
- What you can do to heal and support your gut
- Prescription drugs, medications, and the pill cause leaky gut. They destroy the lining of the gut and also cause nutrient deficiencies.
- Our gut plays a role in our everyday mood.
- There are over 400 known, diverse bacterial species, and we are pretty much 90% bacteria.
- Gut bacteria produce essential nutrients and allow for greater nutrient bioavailability. They impact our health, vitality, immunity, and hormones. They protect us against food allergies and intolerances, and they’re really important for cognition, memory, and brain health.
- Gut bacteria also aid in weight loss ability.
- Our gut is our second brain, and it’s so powerful. If our gut health and our digestive system are off, they start to throw everything off about our health.
- So many diseases and symptoms stem from gut issues, so it’s really important that we prioritize healing and supporting our gut health.
- Some simple things that you can do every day:
- Ditch the toxins.
- Eat fermented veggies.
- Include some bone broth in your diet.
- Manage your stress.
- Get good quality sleep.
- Include fermentable fibers and prebiotics in your diet.
- Supplements with probiotics, L-glutamine, digestive enzymes, etc.
- When it comes to parasite and candida cleansing, make sure to work with a practitioner, get the right testing, and have the right support. You need somebody who knows how to review your testing appropriately and provide the necessary protocols.
“Your gut barrier is really important, and we want to do all that we can to manage that and keep those mucosal cells really, really tight.”
“Leaky gut and bad gut flora are common because of our modern lifestyle, and if you have a leaky gut, you probably have bad gut flora and vice versa. And when your gut flora and your gut barrier are impaired, you will be inflamed.”
Thanks for listening!
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Head to healthygut.com/healthyhormones and check out the amazing gut healing products that I spoke about on this episode. They have been a game-changer for me in helping me heal leaky gut and overcome my allergies and histamine intolerance. Save $15 off at this link here – healthygut.com/healthyhormones
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re looking to use CBD for PMS support, I recommend the extra-strength CBD oil and the CBD salve for cramps. They’ve also just launched their brand new Organic Superfood Bites in 4 delicious flavours. The hemp + espresso + dark chocolate is my fav! Learn more here – https://eatonhemp.com.
- If you’re looking for budget-friendly clean beauty products, Skin Essence is a fav of mine. They have beautiful formulations and are 100% clean beauty approved. Save 20% off with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. This is a one-time use code, so be sure to grab all the goodies you want! Plus, it’s free shipping over $49. My fav products are the Nourish Facial Moisturizer and the Rosehip oil.
Shop CAD here – https://www.skinessence.ca/shop/
Shop US here – https://www.skinessenceorganics.com/shop/
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here. We’ve had so many women in our community use this pendant and absolutely LOVE it! It makes a great Christmas gift –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Two of my go-to products for PMS are the Organifi HARMONY and the GOLD chocolate. The harmony contains powerful herbs for women’s hormones and the GOLD is perfect for stress and sleep. Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Also check out their GOLD in Pumpkin spice which is absolutely delicious for this time of year. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca. I love taking their magnesium bisglycinate, Myo-inositol and MYCO10 for immune support. They’ve also just launched their Omega Twists which are delicious. Check out some of their products here:
- Save 15% over at https://www.middaysquares.com with the coupon HEALTHYHORMONES15. I am IN love with all of their bars and flavours. Super clean and a great macro breakdown of carbs, protein, and fat.
Where you can find me:
Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s