Do you find the pursuit of living the best, healthiest life overwhelming? Founder of Physical Kitchness Chrissa Benson shares real-life approaches to prioritize wellness without the fluff. Learn more about how to take care of yourself so you can take better care of your families too.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode177.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Ditching the restrictive diet mentality and learning how to find balance with food
- Discovering your triggers when it comes to falling off the wagon
- Becoming more consistent with your daily habits, nutrition, and fitness
- Managing your health and wellness, and why you should prioritize yourself
- The restrictive diet mentality is self-sabotaging to so many people. The missing link is the mentality and the balance that so many people want to have, but they don’t know how to get there.
- With stress eating, we really need to dive into the heart of why we do it, our food triggers, our motivation, etc.
- The stories we tell ourselves are very important. They can literally make or break our health and wellness journey.
- When it comes to getting things done, find the systems that work for you. Figure out what works with your schedule.
- Get guidance from experts. You can’t just guess about your health.
- When it comes to stress eating, take the time to figure out why you do it, ask the right questions and realize the deeper root causes for why you’re stressed.
“Too many people aren’t taking pause when they’re in those behaviors that are not helpful for them, and they’re not asking themselves the right question… We’re just in this sort of reactive mode all the time.”
“I think we need to be talking about the expectations… Having everything roses and rainbows and butterflies, that’s not the norm. It’s just not. And I think we can build each other up when we’re more vulnerable and say ‘It’s hard. Keep working at it.’”
Thanks for listening!
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. If you’re looking to use CBD for PMS support, I recommend the extra-strength CBD oil and the CBD salve for cramps. They’ve also just launched their brand new Organic Superfood Bites in 4 delicious flavours. The hemp + espresso + dark chocolate is my fav! Learn more here – https://eatonhemp.com.
- If you’re looking for budget-friendly clean beauty products, Skin Essence is a fav of mine. They have beautiful formulations and are 100% clean beauty approved. Save 20% off with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. This is a one-time use code, so be sure to grab all the goodies you want! Plus, it’s free shipping over $49. My fav products are the Nourish Facial Moisturizer and the Rosehip oil.
Shop CAD here – https://www.skinessence.ca/shop/
Shop US here – https://www.skinessenceorganics.com/shop/
- My favourite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here. We’ve had so many women in our community use this pendant and absolutely LOVE it! It makes a great Christmas gift –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Two of my go-to products for PMS are the Organifi HARMONY and the GOLD chocolate. The harmony contains powerful herbs for women’s hormones and the GOLD is perfect for stress and sleep. Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Also check out their GOLD in Pumpkin spice which is absolutely delicious for this time of year. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca. I love taking their magnesium bisglycinate, Myo-inositol and MYCO10 for immune support. They’ve also just launched their Omega Twists which are delicious. Check out some of their products here:
- Save 15% over at https://www.middaysquares.com with the coupon HEALTHYHORMONES15. I am IN love with all of their bars and flavours. Super clean and a great macro breakdown of carbs, protein and fat.
Where you can find Chrissa:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s