How can you make sure that you have a healthy pregnancy when you’re over 30? Preconception health coach, holistic nutritionist, and fertility awareness practitioner Nora Debora talks about optimizing your hormones and fertility by harnessing the power of your menstrual cycle with nutrition, cycle charting, and self-care practices.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode175.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in This Episode:
- Why it’s important to take the time upfront to prepare your body for pregnancy
- The importance of sperm testing
- Preparing for pregnancy for both egg and sperm through nutrition
- The 4 Rs to getting pregnant
- Some underlying health imbalances that can negatively impact your ability to get pregnant
- What it means to sync with your cycle and how you can optimize your ovulation
- Some important things that you should know about pregnancy testings
- There’s a three to seven-month window for the primordial egg to mature before it releases at ovulation. So anything that you put into your body, everything you do, and the environment that you surround yourself with within that period prior to getting pregnant are going to impact the health and quality of that egg and the health of the baby.
- There’s a lead time of about 72 days for a sperm to develop to its most mature state before it can actually fertilize an egg.
- The majority of the nutrients needed to increase the quality of the egg are the same for the sperm.
- Bone broth is very good for healing your gut as it has so much collagen and gelatin in it, as well as a lot of other wonderful nutrients that are very healing to the mucosal lining of the small intestines.
- The top three health conditions that can negatively impact your ability to get pregnant are PCOS, endometriois, and gut issues.
- If you want to get pregnant, take the time upfront to balance your hormones, get healthy, and improve the quality of your egg (and sperm).
- The 4 Rs to getting pregnant:
- Remove the inflammatory foods from your diet and foods that are not serving your body. This includes minimizing your caffeine intake.
- Replace them with fertility-boosting foods like protein, healthy fats, and folate and fiber-rich foods.
- Repair your gut by introducing probiotic and prebiotic-rich foods to your diet and homemade chicken bone broth.
- Rebalance your hormones. Understand how to stabilize your blood sugar.
- Eat at least 100 grams of protein per day when you are pregnant.
- Understand your body and how it works by understanding your menstrual cycle.
- Optimize your cervical mucus by drinking adequate amounts of water every day.
- When it comes to pregnancy testing:
- Try not to test too early.
- Every test can be slightly different, so just read the instructions properly to make sure you’re testing appropriately.
- Test in the morning.
“I love to look at anybody’s menstrual cycle as their monthly report card on how their hormones are doing.”
“The artificial reproductive technology… is not the end all and be all solution. We still have to take time to focus on our health, optimize our body, create that environment in the body so that you’ll have a higher success rate with the fertility clinic.”
Thanks for listening!
Check out our NEWEST program, The Adrenal Reset 28-Day Program. If you’re feeling exhausted, anxious, gaining weight, can’t sleep, and feeling like you need a reset, this program is the perfect fit! Our adrenals are front and centre when it comes to restoring hormonal health. That’s why we’ve included a nourishing meal plan, exercise program, breathwork exercises and so much more inside this program to help you feel your very best! Join the Adrenal Reset program at this link here – https://bit.ly/28dayadrenalreset
Grab your free 5-day Sugar Detox Program and get started today. I’ve created a delicious meal plan to help you balance your blood sugar and optimize your hormone health – holisticwellness.ca/sugardetox.
Sign up for our newsletter at holisticwellness.ca/newsletter and connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. Let me know if there’s anything you’d love for me to expand on. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things we talk about in the show:
- Register for the Eat To Get Pregnant Workshop here.
- Head to eatonhemp.com to save 20% off site-wide with the coupon code HEALTHYHORMONES. I absolutely love the Maple toasted hemp seeds and the full spectrum extra-strength CBD oil, which I use before bed. https://eatonhemp.com
- My favorite pendant for EMF protection and stress support. Save up to 50% off the HARMONI Pendant by clicking this link here –> https://www.wendymyersdetox.com/2CN2HP5/BP658/?uid=39
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. Check out the NEW Organifi Harmony Women’s Hormone Balancing Blend and their delicious Green Juice Powder. Also, their GOLD in Pumpkin spice is absolutely delicious for this time of year. I’m sipping on one right now with coconut milk. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES to save! –> https://www.organifishop.com
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. I also like adding their amino acids to my pre or post-workout smoothies. My go-to’s are L-glutamine and L-tyrosine. Head to https://canprev.ca for more info on Canprev products. Be sure to check out the NEW Liposomals from Canprev. Currently, I’m using their Vitamin C and Curcumin Liposomal and more products are launching soon! – https://canprev.ca/products/curcumin100-liposomal
Where you can find Nora:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me:
- 6-Week Healthy Hormones for Women Intensive – Get 60% off when you enroll today!
- Healing & Dealing with Hashi’s